Day 23- Helping (1-part day) Death

Warning! Contains: Swearing, Rain, Crying, injuries, Pain, Kissing, Pecks, Love, Hate, Sadness, Oogie-Trigger, Mini-Violence, Screaming, Blood, 

☆ Monday, July 16th, 9:30 am ☆

3RD PERSON:

It was a scream. 

A single, heart-shattering scream. 

No, scratch that. 

It was a wail. 

A cry. 

A single, heart-shattering wail. 

And she was in the middle of the street, too. Well, she was. She's not anymore. She's in the hospital with Team Avatar surrounding her right now. 

But she was in the middle of the street. 

Then a cart ran over her. 

☆☆☆☆

"WHY?!" 

Her tears were flooding her face, her entire body trembling as she lay motionless on the concrete of Gaoling's empty streets. Her hands flew up to her head, tugging at the hair she hated so pad, choking the neck she wanted to suffocate so bad, scratching at the cheeks she wanted to cut so bad. 

"WHY?! WHY DID IT HAVE TO END LIKE THIS?!" 

She wasn't stable at the moment. She lost her twin, the other half of her. Her Spirit Twin. So pretty much, she lost herself. And she wasn't going to have it. As the rain poured down on her body, she let out another wail of despair. 

"WHY, SPIRITS, WHY?!" 

All she heard was the single beeeep going through her head, ringing over and over again. She gasped for air as she twisted and turned on the concrete outside, the rain making rocks and dirt stick to her clothes as she screamed again. 

"THIS ISN'T FAIR!" 

After 10 more minutes of this, she finally managed to calm her breathing down as she looked straight up into the sky, Agni nowhere to be seen. She gasped again, her voice hoarse, as she collected her thoughts enough to have her Spirit Twin hear her. 

"Feels like we're on the edge right now."

Aang opened his eyes, his heart put back together, as he heard the girl start singing. Even though she looked like she was dying, her voice was pretty good- even he would admit it. 

"I wish that I could say I'm proud." 

His friend squeezed his hand as the two watched the girl on the street sing gently, her body trembling with every syllable she could utter. 

"I'm sorry that I let you down." She frowned as she continued. "Let you down."

"ALL THESE VOICES IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW. I WISH THAT I COULD SHUT THEM OUT. I'M SORRY THAT I LET YOU DOWN. L-L-L-LET YOU DOWN."

The two on the bench gently closed their eyes and enjoyed the voice. 

"BUT IT'S COOL, I CHECKED OUT. OH, YOU WANNA BE FRIENDS NOW?! OK, LET'S PUT MY FAKE FACE ON AND PRETEND NOW- SIT AROUND AND TALK ABOUT THE GOOD TIMES, THAT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN. I MEAN, WHY YOU LAUGHING?! MUST'VE MISSED THAT JOKE, LEMME SEE IF I CAN FIND A REACTION: NO, BUT AT LEAST YOU'RE HAPPY." 

She shut her eyes tight as she saw the cart nearing. The two on the bench hadn't seen it, as they had their eyes closed. But she just shut her eyes and prepared herself to see her Spirit Twin once more.