Day 29- Death (1-part day) Halloween

Warning! Contains: Swearing, Sickness, Kissing, Pecking, Oogie-Trigger, Frozen, Feelings, Pain, Injuries, Heart-2-Heart Convo, Scared Feelings, Self-Hate, Sad Feelings, Crying, 

☆ Sunday, July 22nd, 12:00 pm ☆

3RD PERSON:

"Avatar Aang?"

The young man stopped walking, seeing a little child was pulling on his robes. Katara smiled and stopped wobbling, going back to her boyfriend and the little child on the sidewalk. 

"Are you dressing up for Halloween?" the little kid asked, looking up at him with hopeful eyes. Aang smiled at him, his eyes happy. But Katara- she froze in place. Her body started shaking. She suddenly thought it was so hard to breathe- she couldn't, anymore. 

"Maybe! I mean, we'll see what my friends do, and I'll do what they do!" he replied cheerfully. "Why?" The little boy smiled and hugged his leg, smiling at Aang. Katara continued shaking, and suddenly, she collapsed to the floor. 

Aang had instantly caught her right before she fell, holding her upright. "What's wrong? Katara? What happened?" he asked over and over again, his breathing fast and his heartbeat quickening. She shook her head and just stood up on her crutches again. 

"What's wrong?" he asked again, looking her in the eyes. She couldn't even breathe at this point, it was a miracle she was able to stand up on her own. "Nothing," she whispered, finally calming down. He held her hand and turned back to the little boy in the street. 

But the boy was nowhere to be seen. He was gone. "Where did he go...?" the Avatar asked, his voice shaky. Katara started hyperventilating again, not wanting to tell Aang why. But he was so worried, he knew he had to get it out of her. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"You died on Halloween, idiot," Toph laughed, holding her stomach. Aang bit down on his lip, looking up at the ceiling. Azula winced big-time, staring down at the floor. "I can't believe how stupid I am," the airbender muttered, not wanting to cry. 

"Don't say that," Suki comforted, placing a hand on his shoulder before removing it immediately. "Aren't you sick with the flu?" He sighed, shaking his head lightly. "Yeah, kinda. It's not the most contagious, so I can go out, but I had to wear a clear mask thing." Suki nodded and went over to a couch. 

"You don't know what Katara went through," Sokka whispered. "It was horrible. And she had to go through it twice; the second time the night before your anniversary." Aang groaned and cuddled up, hugging his knees. "I hate myself," he and Azula muttered at the same time. 

"It wasn't your fault!" Tylee coaxed. "You were bad then! And so were Mai-Mai and I! I mean, we hurt Katara, which we regret, didn't we?" Mai nodded, sighing into Zuko's shoulder, where her head was rested. "Yeah, I feel really bad about that."

"It's not the same," Azula whispered, letting Tylee hug her lightly. All of a sudden, Katora came wobbling out of Katara's room, an angry expression plastered on her face. "I hate my sister sometimes," she complained, wobbling over to her boyfriend. 

"You and your sister are the same person," Sokka reminded her, raising an eyebrow as he gently sat down next to Suki. She smiled at him and pecked his cheek, cuddling her head into his chest. He held her close to him, watching his sister carefully. 

"I know we are. But still. She's crying her ass off in there because of Nutha and Az-"

Just then, they all heard a knock. Katora sighed and got up, wobbling to the door gently. Once she opened it, she groaned and was about to slam the door shut, but a hand got in the way. "Stop. We left Nutha home; told her we were going shopping. We had no idea she was gonna lash out like that," Layla protested.