Day 22- Healing (1-part day) In Pain

⚠️ Warning! Contains: Swearing, Pain, Blood, Broken Bones, Tiredness, Oogie-Trigger, Kissing, Pecks, Love, Spinning, Rain, 

✩Sunday, July 15th, 12:00 pm ✩

3RD PERSON:

As Katara slowly balanced her metal crutches against the floor, she pressed her hand to the cold, painted over brick wall to stop herself from collapsing. Her head was spinning in pain and fear, her body trembling, and she was alone at the moment. 

The knock could be heard at the door to her left again, causing Katara's head to start pounding once again. She took in a deep breath as her left hand collapsed onto the golden knob, turning it to the right as much as she could without standing on her left leg and still leaning on her crutches. 

As the door opened, she saw her old friend standing there in the pouring rain. She watched a single raindrop fall from a strand of loose hair over her forehead, all the way down to the floor. She looked back up and locked eyes with her delicately, the tension so incredibly thick. 

"Hey." 

That single, one-syllable word shattered Katara. Her eyes started to water up again, locking her gaze with the non-bender in front of her. The two just held that gaze for another 7 seconds or so before hearing a voice. 

"Sweetie? Who's at the door?" 

She shut her eyes tight, a teardrop falling down and over a blood-filled cut on her cheek. "It's no one, love. I'll be there in a minute." The girl at the door had her tears, along with the pouring rain from outside, streaming down her face now, her heart both happy and sad. 

"Just let them in, love! Don't leave the door open, a cold's the last thing you need!" She looked at the ground outside and bit her lip as the rain drenched her, looking at her old friend, who had a few more tears on her face now. "I know, love, don't worry. Just go help someone, I'll be there in a bit." 

She turned her attention back to her friend out in the pouring rain outside. "I'm sorry." She shook her head and looked back to the floor, her heart almost split in half. "It's not your fault." The two locked eyes again, and as they both frowned, a groan could be heard from behind the non-bender. 

"Would you two make up already? It's cold out here!" Katara smiled lightly at the voice from behind her old friend. "On it. You can go inside and stay with Sokka for now." Her entire body froze, and it seemed as if the rain outside has, too, as Katara froze, realizing what she said. 

"O-or you can stay with Tora, I-I mean." She nodded and slowly walked past her sister, letting Katara bend her dry, as she walked into the house. Katara turned her attention back to the non-bender in front of her, her eyes blue as ice. 

"It really wasn't your fault." She nodded, her hair dripping, her clothes soaked, her face tearful. "It kind of was, I shouldn't have done that." She took her hand off her right crutch, her body shaking, and before she could fall, pressed it against a wall. She gently took it off and wiped the tears off her old friend's face, her own still neutral. 

"Do you have a girlfriend now?" she asked, placing her hand back on her crutch. She shook her head. Katara's face gently turned sober, her cheeks turning pink gently. "I'm sorry." She just smiled gently. "It's ok. I have a boyfriend."

Katara's face instantly shot up, her left eyebrow raised, her mouth slightly open. "What?" she whispered, her ears twitching lightly. Nutha started to smile, then that turned into a light chuckle. She started lightly laughing as Katara stood there, her body trembling. 

"Yeah, I didn't think it'd happen either." She smiled lightly at her. "Well, that's amazing news, Nutha. Is our friendship still ruined?" She shook her head, shivering lightly. "Of course not, Katara. I still love you as a sister." She beamed wildly at that. "And I still love you as a sister. Now come inside before you catch a cold."