Chapter 151: Battle of Ice and Fire (Part 3)

"Look out!" Jaime shouts.

"The walls have been breached!" shouts a Northman soldier.

Soldiers and militia stationed atop the ramparts and on the ground grunt and yell as the pressure rapidly starts mounting with cresting wights pouring in through the massive gap created by the undead Viserion, shooting arrows and swinging swords. Samwell, Brienne, Tormund and Grey Worm defend their perches as Mya Stone and Dacey Mormont mobilize nearby defenders at the courtyard. Brienne dispatches over fifteen wights with swift movements and agile swings while Jaime does his best to battle back the wights trying to climb the walls. Arrows, stones, long spears, hooks and other devices kept pushing back many until more started to trying to jam them. More soldiers on the ramparts get yanked over the wall by ice spiders and are sent tumbling into the undead mass below.

"Patch that hole!" shouts Robb.

The Army of the Dead forces hiss and growl, crawling over each other with unflagging blood lust. Jorah slices more wights with Heartsbane, his cousin Alysane yelling ferociously with her dragonglass blade in hand while Brienne goes on a mighty charge, sending bodies and snow tumbling across the field. Jaime fends off twelve wights, but is grabbed by four more from behind. As he grunts and struggles to free himself, Brienne arrives to liberate him from his captors and they start fighting side-by-side.

When more wights and ice spiders storm through the breach, a sudden yet powerful steam of concentrated fire blasts shoots towards them stretching to Winterfell's walls – incinerating many, the wights and ice spiders screech before being reduced to a pile of ashes.

"Āeksiot Ōño, tepagon nyke kustikāne! (Lord of Light, give me strength!)" Vaeraleah prayed, generating more flaming columns from her palms and taking aim at the breach. The High Priestess of Asshai's pyrokinesis steadily grows hotter, more concentrated and powerful with each burst.

Above, Arya utilizes her custom-made dragonglass spear to slice off the head of a wight as it nearly crests the wall before running down the walkway to slash another ghoul, expertly countering and goring a few more, splitting her spear in two to allow her to dual wield. She fights her way to the stairway to make it to the courtyard, dispatching more wights along the walls with martial skill. She spins, strikes, blocks and kicks with such fluidity, easily dispatching her enemies. Ser Davos looks at Arya's battle prowess and looks marveled at her skills. Arya leaps down the stairwell, but slips on one of the icy steps and hits her head against the wall. Momentarily dazed, she regains her footing and presses onward.

Samwell fights for breath, recovering from his battle before a wight leaps down onto him. They struggle as another wight joins in, but Jaehaegon appears and thrusts his rapier through them to save him.

With the Mormont sisters Dacey, Alysane and Lyanna gathering with their mother Maege, the four of them stand shoulder-to-shoulder before hearing a loud, icy-shrilled shriek.

"Incoming undead giants!" warns a nearby scout.

"They're coming through the breach!"

"Somebody take them out before they do serious damage!"

Dacey and Alysane charged the nearest undead giant, but the lumbering behemoth swats them aside. Lyanna rushed it but lets out a sharp scream as it bats her away too. Maege roared and stabbed it in the leg, but the amount of leather wrapped around its leg was proving to be too thick to penetrate. The undead giant shrilled and looked down at the elder Mormont, grabbing her and picked her up and began squeezing tightly. Maege spat out blood as she felt her bones quickly crunched and shattered. With one forceful squeeze, her eyes widened one last time as the undead giant slammed her to the ground hard and raised its foot in the air before bringing it back down forcibly on her torso, crushing her beneath its massive weight.