Chapter 97: Everyone Has Their Own Agenda

At King's Landing

The Great Sept of Baelor...

Tommen, now 15, stood in front of the Seven-Pointed Star inside the Great Sept of Baelor listening to the bells ringing loudly and people cheering and shouting from outside. Today was a big day for him since it was his wedding day to Margaery; guests in attendance were primarily from his own family, his sister Myrcella, his uncles Tyrion and Jaime. The one important person missing is his own brother, Daveth, who remained bedridden due to his illness. "Brother..." he said quietly under his breath.

He glanced at Lord Mace Tyrell who accompanied his daughter down the aisle near the steps towards the Seven-Pointed Star. Tommen examined his wife-to-be; Margaery was lovely in sheer ivory silk, Myrish lace and seed pearls, donned a maiden's cloak made of a hundred golden roses sewn to green velvet. Mace brought his daughter to the front of the steps, lowered his head and stepped backwards as the High Septon opened the Faith's holy book. Remembering the events of his brother's wedding, Tommen instructively removed the maiden's cloak from Margaery's shoulders and draped her in his family's cloak—detailing the sigils of House Baratheon before fastening it. At that moment, she passed from her father's protection to Prince Tommen's. His and Margery's hands were joined together and tied in a knot, symbolizing their union.

The High Septon cleared his throat. "Lords and ladies of the court," he begun, "we stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife. Let it be known that Margaery of House Tyrell and Tommen of House Baratheon are one heart, one flesh, one soul." He continued as Tommen and Margery's knot came undone. "Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder. In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity." He took a moment to look at Tommen and Margery. "Look upon each other and say the words."

With that, Tommen and Margery turned to look each other in the eyes.

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger... I am hers and she is mine. From this day, until the end of my days."

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger... I am his and he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days."

"With this kiss I pledge my love," Tommen declared.

"With this kiss I pledge my love," Margaery echoed.

Having recited their vows, they share a kiss. It was light, but gentle; Myrcella watches them from the crowd, applauding for her youngest brother with her betrothed Trystane—their wedding was around the corner once Tommen's was completed. It was a happy day for the newlyweds, yet even then, they knew that it wasn't exactly the same without their eldest brother with them. Even so, the newlyweds turn to the crowd, holding hands.

As the guests applaud, Prince Tommen and now-Princess Consort Margaery exchange glances and smile at each other. Compared to the magnificence of Daveth's and Sansa's wedding, Tommen's was a modest affair and small.

––Some time later––

In their bedchambers, Tommen and Margaery were breathing heavily. Sweat stuck to their bodies as they sought to catch their breaths; across the room, their clothes were scattered around—indicating the Prince and Princess Consort had finished consummating their marriage. Tommen, inexperienced as he is, was rather quick to finish. Margaery, on the other hand, wiped her brow as she pulled the covers over her naked both with one hand and wiping off the seed sticking to her thighs with the other before turning onto her right side to gaze at her royal husband. Her second husband.

Tommen was worn out, but remained aware of feeling his wife's soft, warm breasts pressing against his bare skin; their naked bodies still remained intertwined with each other. Turning his head to his left, he soon met her gaze. "Did I... did I hurt you?" he panted nervously.