The Cast -- Main Characters

• Mark Addy as King Robert I Baratheon: The King of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, and founder of the Baratheon dynasty; former Lord of Storm's End and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. Once a powerful warrior and charismatic man in his youth, he led a rebellion against the Targaryen dynasty and seized the Iron Throne but proved to be an ineffective ruler, having grown fat and miserable and loathes his responsibilities as king.

Henry Cavill as Prince Daveth Baratheon: Firstborn son of King Robert I Baratheon and Queen Cersei Lannister, heir to the Iron Throne as Crown Prince of the Seven Kingdoms. Calculating and determined with a mysterious past, he spends most of his time formulating strategic plots and preparing himself for the next challenge — even if it means getting his hands dirty. Nicknamed "the Young Stag" and "Black Lion", he is more commonly referred to as "the Oathkeeper" for delivering on a promise or a threat.

Jack Gleeson as Prince Joffrey Baratheon: The second of Cersei Lannister's four children. Although believed to be one of King Robert I Baratheon's sons, unbeknownst to him and the realm, he is actually a bastard born of his mother Cersei's incestuous relationship with her twin brother Jaime. Vicious and cruel, he has a short temper and believes he can do anything he wants. He is also a coward when confronted by those who aren't afraid of him.

Nell Tiger Free as Princess Myrcella Baratheon: The third of Cersei Lannister's four children. Although believed to be King Robert I Baratheon's daughter, unbeknownst to the realm, she is actually a bastard born of her mother Cersei's incestuous relationship with her twin brother Jaime. Unlike Joffrey, she is described as a sweet girl with a quiet disposition and has a close relationship with her eldest brother.

• Dean-Charles Chapman as Prince Tommen Baratheon: The youngest of Cersei Lannister's four children. Although believed to be one of King Robert I Baratheon's sons, unbeknownst to him and the realm, he is actually a bastard born of his mother Cersei's incestuous relationship with her twin brother Jaime. Like Myrcella, he is good-natured and passive boy in contrast to Joffrey and is fond of Daveth and his uncle Tyrion.

• Charles Dance as Lord Tywin Lannister: The head of House Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands, Shield of Lannisport, Warden of the West and former Hand of the King to Aerys II Targaryen. A calculating, ruthless, and controlling man, he is among the wealthiest and powerful lords in Westeros. He is the father of Cersei, Jaime, and Tyrion and the grandfather of Daveth, Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen.

Lena Headey as Queen Cersei Lannister: The wife of King Robert I Baratheon, sister of Jaime and Tyrion, and the mother of Daveth, Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen. Despite her firstborn son Daveth being fathered by her lawful husband of 17 years, she has been involved in an incestuous relationship with Jaime from early childhood which has continued despite her marriage, making him the biological father of Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen. Her main character attribute is her desire for power and her deep loyalty to her father, children, and brother Jaime.

• Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Ser Jaime Lannister: The oldest son of Tywin Lannister, Cersei's younger twin, Tyrion's elder brother and a member of the Kingsguard. He has been involved in an incestuous relationship with Cersei from early childhood which has continued despite her marriage to King Robert I Baratheon, making him the biological father of Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen. Infamously nicknamed "the Kingslayer" for killing King Aerys II Targaryen near the end of Robert's Rebellion, violating his vows to protect him.

• Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister: Tywin Lannister's youngest offspring and younger brother of Cersei and Jaime. His mother, Lady Joanna, died giving birth to him which earned him the hatred of his father and sister; only Jaime is kind to him. Known for his dwarfism, he is mockingly nicknamed "the Imp" and "Halfman" due to his size and relies on his wits and intellect to overcome the prejudice he faces.

• Sean Bean as Lord Eddard Stark: The head of House Stark, Lord of Winterfell, Lord Paramount and Warden of the North. He is regarded as a dedicated husband and father, a loyal friend, and a dutiful, honorable lord considered to embody the values of the North. A veteran of Robert's Rebellion, he supported his childhood friend Robert Baratheon's campaign for the Iron Throne as one of his generals ― although he has no interest in politics and prefers to rule with honor and follow the law.

• Michelle Fairley as Lady Catelyn Stark (née Tully): The wife of Lord Eddard Stark, originally the eldest daughter of Lord Hoster Tully, ruler of Riverrun and Lord Paramount of the Trident. She was originally betrothed to Eddard's older brother Brandon, but married Eddard after King Aerys II Targaryen brutally executed him to cement an alliance between the and the during Robert's Rebellion. She has five children with Eddard: Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon.

• Richard Madden as Robb Stark: Firstborn son of Lord Eddard and Lady Catelyn Stark and heir to Winterfell. Nicknamed "the Young Wolf" by friend and foe alike. Like his father, he shares a keen sense of justice and devotion to honor. His direwolf is named Grey Wind.

• Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark: The second of Lord Eddard and Catelyn Stark's five children and eldest daughter. Described as tall, slim, womanly, beautiful, and demure, destined to be a lady or a queen, she is betrothed to marry King Robert's son, Prince Daveth. She is often seen in contrast with her sister Arya, who has neither her looks nor her accomplishments in feminine activities and comportment. Her direwolf is named Lady.

• Maisie Williams as Arya Stark: The third of Lord Eddard and Catelyn Stark's five children and youngest daughter. Tomboyish and headstrong, she rejects becoming a lady and traditional "lady-like" pursuits in favor of combat training. She takes after her father and has a quarrelsome relationship with her sister Sansa, due to their contrasting interests and personalities. Her direwolf is named Nymeria.

• Isaac Hempstead Wright as Bran Stark: The fourth of Lord Eddard and Catelyn Stark's five children and second son. He was named after his deceased paternal uncle, Brandon. His favorite hobby is climbing the walls of Winterfell and dreams of becoming a knight of the Kingsguard, but an incident renders him permanently crippled. His direwolf is named Summer.

• Art Parkinson as Rickon Stark: The youngest of Lord Eddard and Catelyn Stark's five children. He is naturally aggressive, strong-willed, and violent. His direwolf is named Shaggydog.

• Kit Harrington as Jon Snow: The alleged bastard son of Lord Eddard Stark who left home to join the Night's Watch. In reality, he is actually Eddard's nephew by blood as Lyanna Stark's only child with Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, though his true parentage was kept a secret. Born as Aegon Targaryen, he was adopted into House Stark during infancy to protect him from Robert's wrath. His direwolf is named Ghost.

• Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy: The youngest son of Lord Balon Greyjoy, ruler of the Iron Islands. Since the age of eight, he has been a ward/hostage of House Stark for his rebellious father's good behavior stemming from the failed First Greyjoy Rebellion against the Baratheon dynasty. Despite his position, he remains loyal to Eddard and is good friends with his sons Robb and Jon.

• Harry Lloyd as Prince Viserys Targaryen: The second son of King Aerys II Targaryen and his sister-wife Queen Rhaella, younger brother of Prince Rhaegar and older brother of Princess Daenerys. He and his sister are the last remnants of the exiled Targaryen dynasty following Robert's Rebellion, which resulted in the deaths of their father and brother. He laid claim to the Iron Throne as King Viserys III following his father's murder. A narcissist, he is arrogant and self-centered, caring only about himself and looking down on others, especially his sister.

• Emilia Clarke as Princess Daenerys Targaryen: The daughter of King Aerys II Targaryen and his sister-wife Queen Rhaella, younger sister of Prince Rhaegar and Prince Viserys. Also called "the Stormborn", she and her brother Viserys were smuggled to Essos during the end of Robert's Rebellion. For 17 years, she has been under the care of Viserys, whom she fears, as he is abusive to her whenever she displeases him. Initially a timid, obedient youth, she grew more confident as time passed to become a formidable conqueror in her own right. Nicknamed "the Stormborn", "Breaker of Chains", "Mother of Dragons".

------

*"The rest of the cast will be played by the original cast of the HBO TV series Game of Thrones"*