Chapter 27: Fire and Blood

—At Qarth—

Daenerys Targaryen was having a bad year. Since the day of her happy marriage to Khal Drogo, she went from a hellish moment and into a sad tragic ending. First her older brother Viserys arrived drunk at the feast for her unborn son Rhaego only for her brother to draw his sword to demand Khal Drogo pay the agreed price for Daenerys by providing troops for the invasion of Westeros; he wants his crown or he will take his sister back. When he dared threaten Daenerys and her unborn child, Drogo had Viserys executed by pouring molten gold over his head.

ooOoo

"They can't shed blood in their sacred city, but I can," Viserys chuckled as he pointed the tip of his sword to Daenerys stomach. "I want what I came for. I want the crown he promised me. He bought you, but he never paid for you."

A Dothraki girl stood next to Drogo and translated what Viserys was saying; Khal Drogo glared fiercely at Viserys. " Ifak asta meme zala firikhnharen, meme zala rek meme nem jer ki mae...che me vesazhae khaleesies. (The foreigner says that he wants a crown, that he wants that which was traded to him...or he will take back the khaleesi.)"

"Tell him I want what was bargained for," he continued, "or I'm taking you back. He can keep the baby. I'll cut it out and leave it for him."

"Me asta meme vos vesazhao khalakkaes. Me asta meme azirissee khalakkaes khaleesisoon ma vannevae mae shafkea. (He says that he will not take back the prince. He says that he will cut the prince out of the khaleesi and leave him for you)," Irri translated.

"Anha vazhak maan rek me zala. Anha vazhak maan firikhnharen hoshora ma mahrazhi aqovi affin mori atihi mae. (I will give to him what he wants. I will give to him a golden crown and men will tremble when they will see it)," Drogo finally spoke in his native tongue as his riders slowly crept up behind Viserys.

"What's he saying?" Viserys asked Daenerys impatiently.

"He says yes," she answers. "He says you shall have a golden crown, one that men shall tremble to behold."

Viserys's smile grew and grew as Daenerys spoke. He looked towards Khal Drogo and chuckled. "That was all I wanted," he said, taking his blade away from Daenerys's stomach and stepped back. "W-what was promised."

Khal Drogo stood up and walked next to Daenerys, placing his hand on her stomach as they exchange looks. He looks at his Dothraki riders and gives the awaited signal. "Qora mae! (Seize him!)"

"GEAAH! No!" Viserys screamed. One of Khal Drogo's riders broke his arm, making him drop his sword as the other physically restrained him. "No! You cannot touch me! I am the dragon! I am the dragon! I want my crown! Ahh!"

"Ammeni haz jolin! (Empty that pot.)"

The two men force Viserys to the ground, still holding him by his arms. The Khal moves towards them and mutters something in Dothraki. A woman tips over a kettle that was over the fire, pouring out its contents. Drogo throws some golden jewelry into the kettle.

"Look away, khaleesi," Jorah beckons.

Daenerys shook her head. "No," she said.