Chapter 173: We Are the New Generation

Six months after the Battle of King's Landing...

Red Keep — Small Council chamber...

Much of the Red Keep had been repaired and functional with many rooms and sections reopened for business. Along the colonnade past the map room, Tyrion was the first to arrive in the refurbished Small Council chamber. The room had been redesigned with new concrete, new marble with shades of grey and blue, two separate banners hanging from the walls showing both Baratheon and Stark, and the finishing touches included vines wrapped around the marble columns; such décor was previously used during King Robert's rule but were previously discarded in favor of stag antlers. Now that peace loomed over the Seven Kingdoms, it was back to discuss state of affairs.

"Hard to believe it's been six months already," Tyrion sighed. He looks out at the map on the floor before turning to step into the chamber. He looks at the Hand emblem on the chair at the front of the table next to the chair with the Iron Throne emblem stitched onto it before looking down at the Hand of the King's badge pinned to his chest. "Hah, suppose it's time to begin today's session."

But before he could, Tyrion noticed some of the castle designers had rearranged other chairs surrounding the table in different directions of each other. There were several more chairs than there normally was as opposed to the seven non-hereditary positions (possibly to reflect the traditions of the Faith of the Seven) – as part of Tyrion's agreement to lessen the burden on his nephew and created several more offices of his own. After all, this was a new beginning for Westeros. Still, seeing them disorganized bothered him greatly.

"Ugh, must I have to do everything? Again?" he groaned.

Sitting up, he decides to do some rearranging. Correction, he meant. Tyrion does not take long since he prefers not to be theatrical about it like the time he dragged chairs around to annoy Cersei years ago. He just wants everything to be right, all set up in an orderly fashion. His focus was temporarily disrupted by a familiar sound.

"Still my lion fusses about with the furniture," Shae arrives with a small bundle in her arms. Since being named Lady of Harrenhal and adopting the name Shae Sadelyn for herself, the Lorathi prostitute-turned-maid was given some legitimacy to rise through the ranks of nobility. Gone was the pink halter high-slit gown with the interlocking apricot belt buckle; now Shae's dress consisted of an emerald green stain dress with crimson sleeves, indicating her ties to House Lannister if not already evidenced with a golden lion pendant around her neck. "Leave it for the servants to handle. You have much on your mind already."

"Ah, my wife arrives. And with our son too. How fares little Tygett?" Tyrion asks.

Shae leans down to show him their newborn son and heir; Tygett of House Lannister, son of Lord Tyrion Lannister of Casterly Rock and Lady Shae Sadelyn of Harrenhal, their first child and heir to his father's lands and titles. When Tyrion first learned of Shae's pregnancy, the Imp was delighted to start a family of his own but overall was worried his heir would turn out the same way he did: misshapen. However, when Tygett was born, Tyrion glanced at the tiny newborn and was relieved to see all was well. No deformity, just a normal looking baby with arms and legs the same size with no enlarged head. Tyrion even joked that their son Tygett would be much taller than him in no time – a joke Shae responded by punching him in the eye.

"He's sleeping," Shae answered. She grinned that wicked grin Tyrion like so well. "But when he wakes up, oooh our little cub is a rather fussy one. Much like his father was... or rather, is."

"Oh come on, you wound me! I don't make that much of a mess."

"Suuure you don't. So, what's on today's agenda, my lord?"