Chapter 21: The Golden Lioness vs. The Black Lion

Red Keep — Royal bedchamber...

Daveth stood in his chambers looking over numerous documents in his hands, each of them contained battlefield reports from his generals and other houses loyal to him; according to Ser Lucius's report, Randyll Tarly's attempt to root out dissention among the traitorous Renly Baratheon's ranks at the Grassy Vale were thwarted. He and Barristan were able to use the familiarity of the terrain and have their troops divide portions of the much larger rebel host and pick them off one-by-one after luring them deep into the Rainwood forest where they weren't able to maneuver upon being packed against each other too tightly. As a result, a number Storm Lords were brought into the fold and a few from the Reach had defected. Casualties were small, but due to Lucius and Barristan's combat experience, the rebel losses were much higher and the mission was ultimately successful.

His uncle Ser Jaime had taken half of the main bulk of the Lannister armies and deployed several tactics like hit-and-run and feigned retreat against the Reach infantry, overrunning Goldengrove and currently laying siege to Highgarden. Word soon arrived that the Tyrell forces led by Ser Loras were planning to launch a vicious counterattack. Losses were light, but they weren't allowed a moment's respite. Word arrived from Lord Tywin Lannister that he'll be moving his forces south towards Bitterbridge and from there he'll push the rebels east towards Ashford to set up their trebuchets.

The naval night raid at Arbor, however, ended in a stalemate. The surprise attack was partially successful, but some of the Redwyne Fleet under the command of Lord Paxter Redwyne managed to set sail and sink 20 Royal Fleet vessels. The scouts' reports indicate the Redywne Fleet were last seen sailing through the Summer Sea, and plan to head up the Narrow Sea to gather the 40,000 rebel troops stationed at Tarth and advance on King's Landing through Blackwater Bay.

How clever... Utilizing a diversionary force to draw our attention away from the capital and strike from behind with superior numbers, Daveth thought as he started to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Luckily for the royalist forces he had already been preparing for such a likely scenario. Beneath that lurked a response letter he was about to read; but before Daveth could read it his thoughts were interrupted when a knock on the door was heard. "Come in," he spoke up as he put the papers down.

When the door opened, Myrcella stepped into the room

When the door opened, Myrcella stepped into the room. Her golden curls had grown to waist length and had grown into a beautiful 16-year-old young woman, having already developed a delicate figure. Myrcella had looked almost identical to their mother in terms of beauty; thankfully Myrcella had none of her mother's nature and was still a sweet girl. She smiled warmly at her eldest brother, yet somehow felt somewhat nervous at the same time. Myrcella was informed by Eddard Stark that Daveth had summoned her. She couldn't help but wonder why her brother asked for her personally. Did she do something wrong? Is Daveth feeling all right?

"Your Grace," Myrcella curtseyed politely.

Daveth slightly shook his head in amusement. "You don't have to call me that whenever we're in private, 'Cella."