Epilogue

"And then it was over.

It is said that history would always remember how the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros were unified under Aegon the Conqueror of House Targaryen and his sister-wives Rhaenys and Visenya, with fire and blood. He declared 'from this day forth there would be but one King in Westeros. Those who bent the knee to Aegon of House Targaryen would keep their lands and titles. Those who took up arms against him would be thrown down, humbled and destroyed.' Thus began the War of Conquest, which established House Targaryen as the ruling royal family of Westeros – and the Iron Throne's creation, a seat of power forged from the swords of Aegon's fallen enemies, melted down by the fiery breath of Balerion the Black Dread, then beaten and bent to give it form.

For 300 years, dragon kings came and went – but in the 280th year after Aegon's Conquest, the once-mighty power of the dragon of Old Valyria had greatly diminished before finally coming to an end. Rebellion! The cruel, tyrannical reign of King Aerys II the Mad sparked a nation-wide uprising the maesters would later record in the Citadel archives as Robert's Rebellion and the fall of the Targaryen dynasty. Viserys and his sister Daenerys, the last descendants of Aegon the Conqueror himself, were forced into exile across the sea by the new King Robert I of House Baratheon and vowed to one day reclaim what was stolen from them, with fire and blood.

They would remain a threat to the fledgling Baratheon dynasty for nearly two decades until the 304th year when Queen Daenerys I Targaryen, like her Valyrian ancestors before her, crossed the Narrow Sea with an army and three dragons to seize the Iron Throne from Robert's son King Daveth I Baratheon. Once again, the stag and the dragon fought each other on the battlefield. The War for Westeros began in earnest and came to an end in the 305th year when Daveth plunged his dagger deep into Daenerys's heart, thus eliminating the threat House Targaryen posed once and for all. With the Iron Throne's destruction, the final spoke of the wheel founded by Aegon the Conqueror had been swept away.

With the realm prospering under the Baratheon dynasty, it trades in secret as easily as it does favors; with eyes and ears in almost every hall, its web of influence is felt in the known world. No secrets are beyond its reach; its military might is feared, and its power is without question. The integrity of the Seven Kingdoms would remain intact, safe, and secure under the reign of the stag kings. Now as a nation began to heal, and a new age had begun, we are left with a reminder of what might have been.

But what of those who remained standing?

Perhaps the Three-Eyed Raven could offer his insight."

The Trials and Tribulations of the Oathkeeper, by Archmaester Ebrose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE NORTH

Consider the oldest and largest administrative region of the Seven Kingdoms, where House Stark continued to hold dominion over the North from their seat in Winterfell under the jurisdiction of the throne with Robb Stark—the Young Wolf—remaining in his position as Lord of Winterfell, Lord Paramount of the North and Warden of the North. Due to his close friendship and association with the King since childhood, the bond between House Stark and House Baratheon grew more stronger and closer than ever before with the marriage-alliance between Sansa Stark and Daveth Baratheon, grateful for having both such a loyal ally and a good friend to come to his countrymen's aid in their time of need as both sides continue to benefit from the ongoing relationship. Rumors abound that the Starks and Baratheons are in secret talks to establish further close relations – though neither side could either confirm or deny it.