Chapter 86: Brother-Sister Reunion

―Dorne―

Planky Town...

Sailing into the Dornish harbor from the Greenblood River, Daveth, Sansa and their household attendees had finally arrived in Dorne. The weather was hot, dry and contained a fair certain amount of humidity in the air; as such, some had small beads of sweat trickling down their faces and necks due to the heavy cloth and armor. Sers Lucius and Jaime slightly squinted their eyes to avoid the sun's rays.

"Seven hells, this place is hot..." Olyvar Frey complained.

Being of the North, Sansa wasn't used to the heat nor had she ever ventured this far south before—yet her primary concern were the babies in her arms, Prince Lyonel and Princess Cassana. Acting on maternal instinct, she acted to keep her children cool and hydrated. They stirred, apparently uncomfortable with a new, unfamiliar environment. "It's okay, little ones," Sansa gently reassured her son and daughter. "We'll be out of the sun soon, don't worry."

Meanwhile, Ariyana felt a warm breeze flow past her long black hair, sniffing the air in nostalgia. I'm... home, she reminisced before turning to the King and Queen. "Welcome to Dorne, Your Graces."

Daveth loosened his collar, adjusted the leather strap around his shoulder which attached his late father's war hammer to his back; his Valyrian steel sword Stormbringer remained sheathed at his waist. Despite feeling hot and somewhat thirsty, the Young Stag was certain of the objective at hand.

"You ever been to Dorne, Ser Lucius?" Olyvar asked.

Lucius didn't move. "One time," he said.

"What about you, Ser Jaime?"

Jaime shook his head. "No."

"Ariyana—"

"I was born here, Frey," she cut him off. "A rather dumb question to ask me."

"Is it true that the Dornish are crazy?"

Ariyana frowned. "Clarify."

"I've heard from Oberyn that all they want to do is fight and f—"

Sansa quickly turned her head and cast a long, hard death stare in Olyvar's direction, prompting him to clamp his mouth shut when he noticed the twins in her arms. "Don't even think about using such foul language in front of the children," she hissed.

Olyvar waved his hands. "I-I'm sorry, Your Grace!" he apologized. "I... I was just curious about Dornish culture. It's just... I-I've... never left the Twins before."

"You'll have time to ask them soon enough," Lucius pointed to the port. "Seems they've been expecting our arrival."

Indeed, standing at the pier stood Prince Doran Martell, his brother Oberyn, his brother's paramour Ellaria Sand and three of his nieces birthed by Ellaria, all of whom were fathered by Oberyn. Daveth was certain to have some questions about why he abruptly resigned his post on the Small Council and left without informing him first; but that could wait for a while. He noticed the Red Viper's jaw angled in the opposing direction and retained a slight discoloration in his cheek. No less as a consequence of getting punched by the Mountain.

"We're here," the Pentoshi merchant captain pulled the boats into the harbor.

Stepping up, Daveth raised his arms out to Sansa to transfer one of the twins over to him. Cautiously placing his right arm underneath Cassana's head, he brought his arms closely and brought his daughter up to him as Ariyana and Olyvar assisted Sansa onto the docks, with Lucius and Jaime close behind.

"Well, well. We meet again, Oathkeeper," Oberyn greeted them.

Daveth nodded. "Prince Oberyn," he returned. "You left King's Landing without saying so much as a word to anyone. I trust it was nothing serious?"