Chapter 130: Siege of Storm's End

At Storm's End

Darkened skies, a massive stinging rainfall, rumbling thunder accompanied by fierce winds... the ancestral seat of House Baratheon, Storm's End—regional capital of the Stormlands—was under siege. The garrison contained merely 1,000 men; all of them had already begun bombarding the invaders with arrows and tossing heavy stones down on them from on top of the battlements.

"Draw! Loose!" the archers shouted.

Each of the Baratheon men-at-arms stationed atop the battlements run across; stocking arrows for archers and rocks along the wall to throw down at the 12,000 Golden Company sellswords led by Captain Harry Strickland himself. One by one, archers let loose a barrage of arrows down onto rows of mercenaries marching on the walls of the castle. Each are shot down by incoming arrows whilst their comrades crossed a narrow, one-way bridge before noticing it being raised up.

Beneath the ancient fortress in Shipbreaker Bay were hundreds of ships sailing towards Storm's End, commanded by Grey Worm with other 150 Unsullied soldiers in landing boats. He puts on his helmet and readies himself for battle the as soon as his men navigate the treacherous waters along the southeastern coast. Grey Worm lands his boat near a small opening in the side of a cliff; passing into the cavern, they jumped out of the boat and rushed up the small steps leading to the nearest manhole cover. Once lifting the cover, he emerges into the castle and other Unsullied soldiers successfully sneak in without any of the Baratheon men-at-arms noticing.

Once inside, the Unsullied are running through the courtyard and battlements of Storm's End, cutting down multiple Baratheon soldiers and conscripts. By the hundreds they fought their way to the main door and proceed to knock down the restraining mechanism to the drawbridge meant to keep the gates raised, cutting down every Baratheon man-at-arms in their way. The internal battle inside the castle is utter mayhem as the Stormlands' weather changed for the worst; fog started rolling in—limiting the Unsullied's field of vision. Once the drawbridge was lowered, more Unsullied and Golden Company rode right into the courtyard disposing of men in their way. Grey Worm charges through a hallway killing every enemy soldier in multiple directions; a Baratheon spearman charges towards the Unsullied commander, but he chucks his spear and impales him to a door.

With the Golden Company and Unsullied inside the now-occupied Storm's End, the sellswords raised their chalices in celebration despite the thunderstorm; the Unsullied, meanwhile, scoured across the castle stepping over dozens of dead Baratheons on the battlements. Grey Worm removes his helmet and surveys the area. It all appeared to be too easy. 

Something was definitely wrong...

"Konīr issi mirre geptot. (There are none left)," one of the Unsullied spoke up.

Grey Worm frowned, both suspicious and on high alert. "Mirros's daor paktot. Se rȳbagon vestās konīr iksin naejot sagon bȳre pyrys vali, daor mēre pyrys. Konīr iksin ivestretan sagon tolī paktot bisa. Naenie toil... (Something's not right. The scouts reported there was to be 6,000 men, not 1,000. There are supposed to be more than this. Many more...)" He turns—face twisting with anger—to see a dying Baratheon conscript, gasping and coughing up blood and roughly grabs his collar. "Where are they?!" he shouts in the Common tongue. "Where are the rest of the Baratheons?!"

"*cough!* *cough!* *hack!* Ah heh... heh-heh-heh..." he chuckles smugly, pointing to his right before succumbing to his wounds.

Grey Worm turns in the direction to see a lit fuse heading up towards a set of large wooden barrels with thick black substance beneath them; the Unsullied commander's eyes narrowed in realization. "Jēlēbagon... Ziry iksos nykeā! (Explosives... It's a trap!)"