Behind the Scenes: Sophie Turner

SOPHIE TURNER: "I'm Sophie Turner and I play Sansa Stark

Sansa in season one at the very beginning of the series she's a just kind of a highborn noble young Northern lady who was kind of very well-versed in being exactly that."

SEPTA MORDANE: "Fine work, as always! Well done."

SANSA: "Thank you."

"She initially has a sort of independent view of the world because she's very unaware of what happens. She's the sort of girl that believes in princes and when her prince is going to come, take her on the horse and ride away into the moonlight and things like that. She's not so close to her father. She's more her mother's side; she loves her father so much, but I just think she doesn't show it just as much as her sister Arya does. She thinks it's not the Queenly thing to do. She wants to be Queen one day and marry some kind of Prince and just live a life like her parents.

Sansa comes from a large family whom the audience is introduced to. There's her brothers Robb, Bran and Rickon, plus her sister Arya and her... half-brother, Jon Snow. She is the second of all five Stark children. She just finds her younger sister Arya quite disrespectful, not what a lady should be and is pretty disapproving of her. It's a bit of a love-hate relationship between the two. Arya dresses in dirty clothes, sometimes she wears trousers, whereas Sansa is like... 'dresses, dresses, dresses! Just look beautiful all the time.'"

SANSA: "Arya! It's not funny! This was my favorite dress, and she ruined it! She always does this! It's not funny!"

"At the beginning of the series, her parents are already planning for her to get married to Daveth after her father is named Robert Baratheon's second Hand of the King after Jon Arryn passed away. When they meet for the first time at Winterfell, Daveth is quiet and reserved whereas Sansa thinks he's everything she could have ever hoped for. She hasn't really gotten the chance to know really anything about him or his flaws nor did she care about how his personality is then and there, yet which is why she thinks he's so perfect and good looking and is already attracted to him when she first sees him. It's only when he teaches her about the grim, harsh reality of the world they really live in did the illusion slowly begin to fade away. It's when Sansa begins to take the transition at a steady pace."

SANSA: "I hope I don't prove a disappointment to you."

DAVETH: "You haven't yet, but the potential is there. For both sides."

"Before any plans for her marriage could even begin, that's where things began to shift into high gear when the Stag Sedition begins. During the time, her future brother-in-law Joffrey coincidentally starts a riot throughout King's Landing, an incident where Sansa is almost gang raped until Daveth and her father both come to her rescue. From there Sansa and Daveth begin to become... pretty close when her fiancé starts to slowly open himself up to her. The moment where he decides to reveal his traumatic experience as a child, it changes Sansa's perspective. I think it's where Sansa starts to understand him a bit more and is even more determined to learn to adjust to life at King's Landing by observing the manipulators of the game just like that so she could one day be in a better position to help him should he ever need her. It's what triggers the new Sansa."