chapter 33.

Kris sat a cross his family as he glanced at them nervously, he knows what he was about to tell them was going to make them sad and break there hearts but he was doing this for the good of the pack and for himself. He woke up early in the morning and left Elijah with just a note saying that he was gonna come back at noon, kris needs to open up to Elijah to, he thinks he at least deserves to know his story so that the human can decide whether he was willing to be with him or not. Kris doesn't want to be selfish, he wants Elijah to be in his right mind. His wound had healed perfectly, Gael was able to take all the pain, the pain was too much for him in that he slept the whole night and up to now he isn't a wake.

Kris sighed than said " thanks for coming due to a short notice" kris breathed out " I called you all here because I want to tell you something, I want my family to be the first to know before I announce it to the whole pack and the elders" kris scanned his family's faces, they were all attentive and curious, kris knows this was going to blow his mother, the woman was planning a mating ceremony but that wasn't his fault, he practically told her to not do it but she did it anyway.

" Go ahead son" Albert smiled at his son, kris chewed on the inside of his mouth as he took a glimpse to his siblings who gave him a small smile encouraging him to go a head.

" I'm stepping down" kris blurted out, his family gasped as they blinked once,twice, looking at kris like he had magically grown two heads. Jane sat up right staring at kris in disbelief, that was the last thing she excepted kris to do.

" What?" Eleanor was the first to break the silence standing up as she slammed the table hard with force.

" You heard me mother" kris looked at her in the eye saying, he was determined this time.

" I'm not letting you do that kris" Eleanor said with a grim face " your not shaming my family with your bad decisions Kris, who will be the alpha huh" Eleanor drawled angry.

" Let me hope it isn't me kris" Boris chimed in, that was his fear to rule. He hates too much work.

" What are you going to do" Jane asked before kris could reply Boris.

" No one is stepping down" Eleanor drawled again not letting kris to answer the question. This was in acceptable, she can't allow that to happen. Hell,everything was planned out perfectly, her plan was moving. Nevaeh had accepted to marry kris even though Eleanor told her about kris' problem but she agreed. What was this nonsense Kris was saying, this was unacceptable not now not ever.

" Mother sat down and lis-" kris started again.

" No kris you're going to do whatever I tell you to do, don't even think about these nonsense" she cut him off as kris sighed looking at his father telling him to calm his wife or else he will lose it.

" Eleanor let our son and alpha explain" Albert said him too not happy about kris' decision but he wants to hear more before he concludes.

" Are you supporting this nonsense Albert" she asked with a warning look on her face, she needs her husband on her side, this was foolishness, total madness, kris can't do that to them no,she won't allow it. Eleanor thought about that human kris talked about of being his mate. Eleanor thinks that that human was the one who put these crazy ideas in her son's head.

" I'm not supporting anybody, I want to first listen to what my alpha is going to say" Albert replied him too annoyed with her for accusing him.

" Yes mother let us hear kris out" Boris backed his father as Eleanor gave up sitting back down looking at kris warningly in order for him not to say nonsense.

" It's not like I don't want to be an alpha, I do and I love ruling. But I'm not happy, I am tired of seeing all the mated couples happy, I want to live......" Kris swallowed hard " I don't have too much time left on this earth but I want to live my last moments happy, not stressing myself, I want to live freely with out pressure,it's not like I am abandoning this pack trust me I love this pack with all my heart and I will always love it but I want to live a little" kris finished saying, his family looking at him not saying anything " I Am sorry family but you have to understand me"