。 °。 ° ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33- ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴀɴᴛ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ

"A-A child? What d-does he mean?" You stammer, your eyes continuing to shift onto the still rocking crib nearby. 

"He hasn't decided if he wanted one yet, but if so, this is the room." He shrugs, opening the door wide enough for you to exit. You do so, not daring to look at, who seemed to be, Shinso's assistant. He leads you into the living room, placing a cup of water on the coffee table. 

"Have you done anything to stop him?" You ask, assuming he was against this obsessive action Hitoshi was taking. The assistant shakes his head, sitting next to you on the couch as well.

"I've.. tried. He gets mad at me though.. so I've stopped.." He mutters, his soft voice sounding weary and broken. Wow, what has Shinso done to this poor stranger?

"Oh." 

"Look.. I've seen him when he's angry.. and you wouldn't want to get on his bad side.."  He confesses, scanning the area in case the insomniac entered. You shiver, not expecting for the male to be so cautious. 

"S-So.. what s-should I do?" You whisper in response, taking a small sip of the drink in front of you, which turned out to be surprisingly refreshing due to your cracked throat. 

"..Behave, and if you do escape, make it seem like an accident. Or.. wait until others save you. That's the best advice I can give.. sorry." 

Okay, so you have to do what he says for a while. That's the only way you can stay alive, you assumed. But at the same time, you have to search and find a way to leave. While also making it seem like you didn't want to. However that would play out. 

"..You should probably go to the basement now. He'll be back any moment." The teen advises, fidgeting with his fingers sternly. You nod, now standing up. 

"Thanks for telling me about him.."

"..Call me Kenma.."

"Kenma." You smile warmly, creeping away from the traitor and walking to the basement. Closing the door, a deep, annoyed sigh escapes your lips, as you unknowingly glare around you. Great, so you were back where you were. Right where you started. The only difference being the information you collected from Kenma. 

The only thought that repeated in your head was you wondering if you could actually go so long without escaping. Or, at least attempting to. 

You tremble, your back leaning against the rough wall as you stare at the area ahead of you in boredom. Sure, it was bad enough you were trapped in a random, uncomfortably basement, but you didn't even have anything to occupy your attention. 

Was Shinso trying to make your life miserable? Because if so, it worked. 

The only action you could do at the time was sleep, day-dream, and mess with the cat onesie Shinso offered you. 

But, you just slept only a few hours ago, and you were too disturbed to think in the moment, so, guess you were stuck awkwardly petting your outfit. 

Strangely enough, you haven't taken the hood off yet, which you didn't seem to question. But, your boredom chose you to do so, just to see how it looked. You place the cat-eared hood off, and turn your neck to look inside, though it expectedly didn't work. 

But for some reason, you noticed how heavy the hood felt on you once you placed it off. Strange. You reach your hand over, feeling inside the furry cap. You were extremely unimpressed with the amount of uninterest you felt within, that you were literally rubbing your clothes.

Though, that was until an object touched your fingers lightly. 

It was small, and felt like metal, but heavy at the same time. You grip onto it, bringing the strange substance into your eye view. It resembled a flash drive, though, a small green hole was glowing. 

A tracker. 

You let out a small gasp, instantly tossing the object out of view, causing it to blend into the dark shadows away. You put the hood back onto your head so Hitoshi wouldn't be suspicious when he enters. You couldn't even comprehend the fact that they could be hiding trackers around you. 

Who else might've used this watching device?

Suddenly, you hear a faint sound outside, resembling a door opening. Which was most likely Shinso. He most likely wasn't coming inside the basement, since he remarked earlier about him cooking dinner, but just in case, you stayed cautious. 

Besides the entering and exiting of rooms, it was dead silent. Until you heard faint whispering between the insomniac and his 'assistant'. 

"Ugh, this is so frustrating!" Shinso speaks harshly, making Kenma perk up.

"..What do you mean?"

"Both Amajiki, Mirio, and Deku and Bakugou are after her."

"Oh-?"

"I suspect they are separate, maybe two and two or even all against each other. But still." He hisses, you assume, rubbing his hands through his hair frustrated. The other one simple lets out a hum, now paying attention. 

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"I.. I don't know. Just more security.. and make sure Y/N doesn't get out." 

"Speaking of which.." Shinso begins, most likely rotating his head to face the basement door. "..I should probably go check on h-"

"..No need." Kenma interrupts, saving you from an awkward conversation. "I already looked at her, she was asleep.."

Shinso smiles, pleased that you weren't trying to escape. Well, from what he knew anyways. He taps his fingers on the counter, watching as his assistant began forming dinner. From his point of few, you knew nothing. All you were was a scared, innocent little girl. And, you used to be, 

but not anymore. 

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I know.. I know I'm supposed to stay partners with him. But, I don't know if I can share her!"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

・ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ; 33・

・ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ; 1011・

A/N; ok- 10k reads?! i-i'm going to die i swear.. thank you guys so so so much for reading and (hopefully) enjoying my book! love you guysss

・𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕪 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤. 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘!・