Chapter 24

"You're so brave! I can't believe it! You're so brave!" Cassius said

"I can't believe you just owned the school prefect!" Chantel said to me when I sat down with the guys after "owning" Callum Samuels, the "prefect".

"It was easy, to be honest" I said as I sat down

"You are so devious. If he puts you in the offense list-"

"I will slap him again and again!" I cut Lily's sentence

"Why not tell your father instead?" Matt asked

"Because Callum would always get cute with my dad everytime I try to tell him something!"

"Get used to it. Just like his mother, Callum really likes to get cute with almost everybody" Luke said

I turned to Luke

"What about his mother?" I asked

"I just said it. They both like to get cute with people, just like what Callum did to Headmaster just so he could give him the Head-Boy role just so he could have some kind of massive advantage!"

"Luke?" I said

"Yes?" he replied

"I still don't know the reason why you and Callum hate each other so much" I said.

All of the guys turned to me and then to Luke. Luke didn't turn to me.

I turned to the guys.

"Do you know about this?" I asked

"Well," Cassius spoke up "It's actually up to Lucas if he wants to tell you or not"

"What is it anyway?" I asked

"Joe, don't even ask. I don't want to talk about it anymore" Luke said

I turned to the guys in dismay.

"Luke" Helena turned to Luke "Shouldn't you even be telling her, since, you know? She's your girlfriend now?"

"I agree with Helena" Cassius said

"Yeah, me too" Chantel said

Luke stood up from the table.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Cassius asked

"I lost my appetite" he said, and then he left.

Cassy grabbed a bag of Chippy, and we all turned to her when she started eating it.

"What?" she asked "This is really good stuff!"

The guys and I turned to each other and then we all turned back to Cassy.

"Joe, you've got to give me more of these!" she said

I got pissed. Not at Cassy, but this-this whole thing!

So, I stood up and walked out. Helena followed me afterwards.

***

"Does your dad know?" Helena asked as we were walking back to our room

"Know what?" I asked

"That you're dating someone?"

"I told him last night that Luke and I became a thing, and then he walked out on me"

"By the way, did you know that the students of Grace Randolph know your dad?" Helena asked

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Well, he's been contributing a lot to the school, even before everybody knew you" she said "That's why we were all surprised when rumors spread that Stephen McCarthy has a daughter from another country and will be studying here soon. At first, I didn't believe it. None of us did, until Headmaster called me to his office at the beginning of the term that I'm going to be roommates with you. Once again, I though it was a joke, but ...no"