Chapter 46

I didn't stay in school that long, although I should have because this is my first "Friendship Day", and it was a perfect celebration, like food, games. It's basically just a party. But as soon as Ben had texted me that he had arrived, I immediately grabbed my bags and went to him so that I could go home. Besides, I don't think anyone would have wanted me in Randolph right now.

"Are you alright?" Ben asked when I was in the car.

I shook my head.

"Your eyes are sore," he said "What happened?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." I said.

Ben took me out for lunch at a local coffee shop because I told him I haven't eaten anything at the Friendship Day party.

"First Friendship Day in Randolph, and it ended up in a disaster for you." he said. I told him everything that happened.

"There's nothing I could do," I said "Even if I tell them I didn't do anything and that there's no way in hell that I could've done something like that, they won't believe me!"

"Don't worry," he said "Things will be alright once you get back from Easter Holiday. By that time, either they'll forget what happened or realize that you never wrote those letters."

"They won't believe me," I said "Especially after I called Helena trash."

"If they don't realize that sooner or later, then it only means they're not your true friends."

"I only have you left." I said "Can't you take me to Norwich with you?"

He gave a small laugh.

"Why?" he asked.

"I want to get out of Yorkshire for now." I said.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not only going there for a vacation." he said "I have to work."

"What do you do there anyway?" I asked.

"My parents do business there, and I assist."

"Business?" I asked.

"We have this huge house there that is used for rentals, mostly for uni students." he said.

"Maybe I could rent one there for now?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"You have to stay here with your dad."

I rolled my eyes. Honestly, dad and I are still not in good terms yet, though we have spoken. He wanted me to break up with Luke, but of course, I said no.

***

Ben took me home afterwards and then told me that he'll be leaving once Callum arrives. I don't feel like talking to anybody right now.

I fell asleep just right after I got home. I thought at least when I'm sleeping, I'd forget about the things that just happened earlier tonight. I woke up at 7, but it was so quiet. Dad and Callum should be home right now. I went to dad's room. Well, actually, it's Callum's room now, because since Callum and I had been fighting a lot, dad thought that it would be a good idea to separate us. Callum said he'd transfer on the front room, but dad protested and said that he'll just be the one to transfer in the front room since he's at work almost all the time.