Chapter 23

I set my alarm clock at around 4:00 in the morning so that I could have enough time to prepare to go back to school and after what happened yesterday, I wanted to make my dad some breakfast to show him how sorry I am.

So, I went straight downstairs to the Kitchen and prepared some eggs, milk, butter and other stuff because I was going to make him some egg omelet, which is my specialty.

Later on, somebody was knocking on the backdoor...

I was too busy with the egg omelet so, I couldn't really move...

"Door's open!" I yelled

The door opened a few seconds later, and somebody I do not like to see just entered the house...Gosh! I am so mad at him right now!

He approached me and watched as I made the omelet, and then he turned to me...

"You're home! What a miracle!" is he teasing me!?

I put the ingredients slowly on the countertop, and then I slapped him.

"Kapal mo!" I cracked, in Filipino "Ang lakas ng loob mong magpakita dito! Lumayas ka!"

"What?!" He asked. Obviously, he was confused since he didn't understand a word of what I just said "Could you repeat those?!"

"Ohh, so now you're serious?! You really want me to say it again?!" I replied

"Yeah! And, in English, if you don't mind"

I rolled my eyes

"You are so thick, Callum! After all the things you have done to Luke, do you really think you're still welcome here?! Get out of here!" I said

"Have you forgotten I was the one here, taking good care of him while you were dating Luke! For instance, you should be thankful!" he said

"He's my dad! You're nothing but a clingy coward to him! Don't be bitter!"

"I'm sure you are not aware, but he likes me better than you! He treated me like his own son since I was little, meanwhile, he had forgotten all about you!"

"Now I couldn't decide whether you're insensitive or just stupid! If he had forgotten about me, why did he come back for me!? Why are you even trying to ruin my life!?"

"Who said something about ruining your life!?"

"If you are not ruining my life, then what are you trying to do with me? I'm in a damned situation right now because of your infidelity! Now, I'm gonna ask again! What are you trying to do with me!?"

He bit his lip and shrugged.

"Nothing" he said

"See? You're just a coward!" I said

Dad came downstairs afterwards wearing a bath robe and bedroom slippers.

"What's all the yelling about?" he asked "Were you two fighting?"

Callum and I looked at each other and then looked away.

"Are you feeling better, Steve?" Callum asked. I should be the one asking my dad that question.

"Are you both ready to go back to school?" dad asked

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Tell me when you both are ready, and I will ask Ben to take you both there" dad said

"Wait! Callum and I are riding the limo to school?" I asked

"Yeah" he said

"No way!" I said