Chapter 39

It was January 8, and it was back to school.

On the way to school, Toby was with us inside the car.

"Well, you two have been awfully quiet." Ben said "How was Dublin?"

Callum and I didn't say anything.

"Fine," Ben said "Joe, how's your first Christmas in the UK?"

"Okay, I guess?" I said, as I was staring outside the window.

Ben kept on turning to us. Probably because he's not used to Callum and I being weird and quiet around each other?

"Hey," Ben spoke up "Are you sure you guys are alright?"

"What do you want us to say, Ben?! Really?! What?!" Callum yelled.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you yelling at him?!" I said to him.

Callum turned away.

"So annoying!" he said.

"You know what Ben?" I said "You're still the driver of this car. You can kick him out if you want if he's gonna be rude to you!" I said.

"Oh!" Callum turned to me "You think I'm being rude?! Well, there's no need for you to do that anymore!"

Callum aggressively opened the door, and then Ben stopped the car.

"What are you doing?!" Ben asked Callum.

"Getting off-" Callum said, as he was about to get out of the car.

"What the hell?!" I yelled "You scrooge, are you high?! You could've killed yourself!"

"Isn't that what you want?!" Callum asked, as he was about to get his bag, until Ben took them.

"Ben, come on! Be cool!" Callum said.

Ben said nothing, neither did he give him his bag.

"I'm sorry, but Steve pays me not to be cool," Ben said "Get in!"

Callum rolled his eyes.

"I'd rather walk on the way to school!" he said.

I got irritated at him.

"Bro, you're over-reacting!" I yelled "Arte mo!"

With that, he closed the door, and he was still outside.

"Idiot!" I said "Just let him go if he-"

And then Callum opened the door of the seat beside the driver's seat. I get it now! He doesn't want to sit beside me, which is fine, because I don't want to sit beside him either!

I said it so myself weeks ago. Callum and I will be hating each other again when we finally go back to school, because I'm with Luke and because of him, I'm supposed to be hating on Callum, and Callum is too focused on his prefect-crap thing so, he obviously cares about nothing else but that.

We finally arrived at Grace Randolph. It's good to be back!!! I can't wait to see all of my friends again.

While I was getting my bags, Callum was hugging Toby tight inside the car and tearing up a bit.

"That's right, Samuels!" I said "Hug him all you want, say your goodbyes, because you'll never see him again!"

"Joe!!!" someone yelled from behind, I turned around, and it was Chantel!!!