Chapter 5

First Day of Classes.

I'm a bit scared. Just a bit. At least I have friends in this school now like Helena. One thing that I'm scared of are my classes. What if lessons here in England are much more difficult compared to the lessons I have learned in the Philippines?!

Everyone headed to the Courtyard by 7:25. The Courtyard was filled with chairs. The center aisle divides the rows of chairs. The left side is where the boys sit down while the right side is where the girls do. I was a chair away from the center aisle, a little bit close to the boys. I was sitting between April McDormand, the mean girl and Helena Parks, my humble roommate and a new friend. April was sitting on my left close to the boys.

April was sitting almost next to Luke because Luke was an aisle away from April, just as April was an aisle away from him. But Helena mentioned that April has this huge crush on our school prefect. But there's one question...who is the school prefect?

"Good Morning everyone!" Headmaster Lovett said, standing on a podium in front of all of us "To all the first years, welcome to Grace Randolph. To the rest of you, welcome back. This day, the 1st of September, marks the beginning of a new term. To the First Years, make yourself feel comfortable at your new school here at Grace Randolph. Now, I think as almost all of you are aware, students may only come home on Fridays after classes end and come back on Sunday noon. The buses would only wait up to 15:50, which means each pupil who desires to go home has to be early if they do not want to get left behind by the buses. And before you go home, make sure to sign your names on the slips that will be given before you leave the school so that the school may keep track of where you are. The rest are in the handbook. I expect everyone to follow the school rules. Right now, I'll be leaving the rest our very own prefect, Lucas Taylor."

"Luke? He's the prefect?!" I asked Helena.

"I don't care," she said.

Helena sounds like she hates Luke so much.

"Shh!" April said to us.

I rolled my eyes at her.

I turned to my left and April was smiling, as Luke made his way to the podium.

"Hello everybody! Welcome back to another year here at Grace Randolph Co-Educational Boarding School." Luke spoke, and then everybody applauded.

"Wooo! Go Luke!!!" April said.

Helena turned to April in dismay.

"Could you shut the hell up?!" Helena said.

April didn't mind Helena.

"I hope you're all doing alright. So, to the First Years, Welcome to Grace Randolph!!! I'm Lucas Taylor, but everybody calls me Luke. I'm a 6th Year student at this school. I'm your prefect, and I am looking forward to getting to know you all real soon. To the 2nd Years, I know you are looking forward to a whole new year here at Randolph, and such a marvelous job on your first year. Now, to all the students in my year, as not all of you may know, we have a transferee here from Manila, Philippines" Luke said, and I froze.

As I turned to my right, some girls were staring at me. They already know that I am the transferee from Manila. And as I looked to my left, the boys were looking for the transferee. One of the boys was staring at me, and it was Callum. Some recognized that I was the transferee because I guess it's because they've never seen my face before.

"Her name is Johanna McCarthy. There she is" Luke pointed at me from the podium, and everyone just stared at me.

God! I hate being the center of attention.