Chapter 6

The following days were okay. Actually, they were just the same.

But out of my first five days of school, the third day, which was Wednesday, was the most unimaginable one...

Okay! So, that day started off with me, waking up like 3:00 in the morning. I wanted to call my mom and Jenna, but I don't have a phone. I could video chat with them if I wanted to, that's why I brought my laptop along with me. But, as Helena said a few day ago, internet is only available in the Computer Room and it only runs during class hours. Anyways, my first period on Wednesday was Computer. The six of us (Helena, Chantel, Lily, Cassy and Jade) were separated. Like, we have different classes on Wednesdays. But, I'm on the same Computer class with Luke and April. During Computer Class, I was seated beside Luke. April was behind us. And then our Computer teacher, Ms. Hollander, told us to research something about..I don't know what!

All I know is that I wasn't paying attention. So, this is what happened...

First of all, I was kind of annoyed during class because the Computers were like, "old-fashioned", as I would like to call it, and then the Softwares are not updated. Like, what the heck?! This school needs to replace the computers, and there are only like over twenty something students in a computer class! In my old school, we use iMacs. I think I just got used to using an iMac. Because of the un-updated softwares, the students' computers keeps on hanging. It didn't bother all these English classmates of mine, but it bothered me a lot because I'm not used to using old-fashioned computers plus old-fashioned softwares. Ohh and plus, the internet is very slow since over twenty three other people are using it.

The next thing I know, I opened a google toolbar and typed Twitter, and, Oh my God! I can't believe Social Networking sites are not blocked! I logged on my twitter account and I had like more than 20 notifications. Most of them were from Jenna. Some of them were from my classmates or just "friends" in Manila, like Kate Garcia, wishing me good luck in England, something like that. Those notifications were over a few months ago and a few days after I left Manila. I lost a lot of followers because I've been out from twitter for like two months or so because there's also no WiFi at dad's house because dad thinks WiFi at home is not worth it since there's WiFi at his office in the primary school in Leeds, where he works. Okay! The last time I checked, which was like three months ago, I had over 1100 twitter followers. And now, I only have 860.

Jenna's last tweet to me was two weeks ago. It says "@joemcc Joe, please reply!!!!!! I miss you so much! Reply as soon as you freaking see this :(((((".

Anyways, I was starting to think that Jenna was mad at me because she might think I'm avoiding all my friends back in the Philippines, something like that so, I replied to her tweet...DURING CLASS!

So, I was typing...

"@jenna_massaroooo Dude! I am so sorry! There's no WiFi around here! I am in computer class right now...heehee #badass"

and then I opened my email. I emailed my mom. I typed...

"

To: juliaMnavarro1214@hotmail.com

Fr: mccarthy11johanna@gmail.com

Hi Mom!!! Yeah, I can't talk right now. Just in case you're wondering, I'm doing great here in England. I'm actually in school right now. I'll call you as soon as I get to dad's house this weekend because we can only go home on weekends. So, I miss you and I lalalalalalalalalove you sooooo much, not only as a mom, but also as a best friend (after Jenna) Baiii!!!". And then, I sent the email to mom. It was a success! Finally! I got to email my mom for the first time in months!

And then I switched to the twitter toolbar because it says that I have seven new notifications. I checked and they were all from Jenna! My God! She's online! I couldn't tell whether it was good news or bad news because first, now that she sees that I'm online again, she might not leave me alone, even if I tell her that I am in Computer class right now and that I should probably log out by now, but I didn't want to upset her.