Chapter 47

Callum told Tim to give him a few days to think about it. With that, Tim left the hospital. It took a little while for Callum to think about coming home with Tim because he thought about Luke first and how he would react. Callum wan't thinking of himself. Then he realised he has a family waiting to open their arms for him, however, he wasn't ready to go. He went to the church a few days later to let Tim know that he wishes to stay with Steve for a little while.

Another few days later, Tim came back to the hospital to see Callum again. Callum and I thought he was the only one there, and to our surprise, he brought Dorothy, Hannah and Luke along with him. 

"Callum!!!" Hannah ran to Callum when she saw him and then hugged him, much to Luke's dismay. He avoided looking at them. I could tell, everybody was happy, except for Luke. 

"Hello, dear," Dorothy hugged Callum.

"Hello, Dorothy," Callum said.

"You can call me mum from now on," she said.

They all turned to Luke later on, who was a few feet away from them.

"Lucas," Tim extended his arm to him "Come say hi to your brother."

Luke approached Callum. He extended his hand to him and Callum shook it. Callum smiled, but Luke kept this straight face.

"Where's Steve, Callum?" Dorothy asked.

"He's in his room, I'll take you there." Callum said, as he, Hannah, Tim and Dorothy left.

Hannah and Dorothy were happy to have Callum. Luke didn't look mad, however, he didn't seem as happy as his mom and sister were. 

Luke and I were the only ones left. He was just staring at the floor. He's probably still upset with me after what happened at Friendship Day. I guess I could tell him that it was Callum who wrote that, and not me, but Callum just got reunited with his family, and I am not about to ruin that for him. Besides, I think now's the right time to reconcile with Luke because once I get to the Philippines, I won't be able to do any of that. 

"Luke," I spoke "I really missed you."

He didn't turn to me. Instead, he started to walk away.

"Hey!" I went after him and grabbed his arm "Are you still mad?"

He finally turned to me.

"You know, I was ready to forgive you," he spoke "In fact, I was going to apologise because I know you're not capable of doing those things."

My heart leaped. 

"But I guess I was wrong." he added.

"Luke, you know how much I love you! It wasn't me who wrote those things!"

"Alright!" he said "Let's move on from that letter! One thing I don't understand is why would you do this," he said "How did you know where my dad was?"

"I figured it out on my own." I said.

"Why did you do this?!" he asked.

Because my dad is dying and I'm leaving the UK. No one will look after Callum, and I know for sure that dad would want me to, but I can't, so, I had to come up with something!