Chapter 38

"I'll see you again someday," Sam said.

"Dad said I can visit you guys during the summer," I said.

"Yeah," Sam looked back at the mansion "But, all of this will be gone by then."

"That's okay," I said "You can come visit us in Yorkshire if you want to."

Sam smiled.

"How about the Philippines?" she asked.

"Of course!" I said, and then we bid each other goodbye, along with our other relatives, who were all leaving too, but they all live in Ireland. So, obviously, it won't be that difficult for them to see each other again.

What I did notice before we left for the Port of Dublin was dad's cousins, like, all of them, approaching him and crying and all as if they'll never see him again. I love my family, but we'll be back soon! No reason to cry or to be upset.

***

We finally arrived at the Port of Liverpool. We were back in England!!!

We were greeted by George and his twin daughters, Maisie and Jaidee. Uncle Tom mentioned that George and his family spent the Holidays in London.

Classes will begin on January 9. Today is January 2 so, I still have a week left before we go back to school. Honestly, I wanna go back and see my friends NOW, mostly because I wanna get away from Callum, and tell them about my trip to Ireland, because I don't think any of them know that I spent the Holidays there, since dad just barged into my room one night and said "We're going to Dublin TOMORROW!!!".  That came out as a surprise.

We were all inside the car. George was driving, of course. Dad was sitting beside the driver's seat. Callum, JL, Simon and Uncle Tom were seated on the first row, with Toby on Callum's lap. I was in the second row with Maisie, Jaidee and Ralph.

Seeing George, Maisie and Jaidee at the Port of Liverpool just gave me an idea on how to spend the last week of my break wisely.

"Hey George!" I called to him when we were all inside the car.

"Yeah?" George said.

"So, are you and Fiona working tomorrow?" I asked.

He sighed.

"Unfortunately, yes." he said.

"Who's taking care of Maisie and Jaidee then?" I asked.

"Um, I asked Miss Montgomery to do it for us-"

"Can I take care of them instead?" I asked.

"Joe, take your seat," dad said "And I thought you made plans with Callum when we were in Dublin."

Callum didn't say anything. He was just staring outside the window.

"What plans? Like dog walking, wasting my money on doggy items and dog food, and cleaning all of his shit up?!" I got furious.

Everyone turned to me when I cursed.

"Johanna!" dad said "There are children in the car!"

I crossed my arms and looked outside the window.

True enough! Callum and I thought of taking care of Toby together before I give him back to Luke in a week.

"I'm on my period today!" I said "Don't make me angry!"

It was kind of embarrassing to say that since more than half of the people in here are boys. There are only three girls, including me, but the other two are only ten years old. So, they don't understand.

We got to Otley and dropped Uncle Tom, Ralph, JL and Simon to their house. Aunt May was already home from Portugal, and then she hugged her three sons once they got down from the car...

"Happy New Year, boys!!!" she said, as she hugged them.

"Happy New Year!!!" JL, Ralph and Simon said all together.

"How was Ireland?" she asked.

"It was great!!!" JL said "How was Portugal?"

And that was it.

They all went inside the house after. It was now time for us to head to Ilkley.

***

We arrived in Ilkley later on.

I didn't help. I just carried my luggage, and then headed straight for my room, even when dad was asking me to help him out.

While I was unpacking my stuff, dad went to my room to come to talk to me about Callum.

"Don't you ever knock?" I said to him when he went inside my room.

"I would usually say "this is my house, I do as I please", but, I came here because I want to talk to you about something" he sat on my bed.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Did something happen between you and Callum at New Year?"

Um, Yes, we made out on New Year! I ACCIDENTALLY kissed him! It was unintentional, and it wasn't supposed to happen because I have a boyfriend- Oh Wait! Oh Yeah, you have no idea! I have a boyfriend, dad!!!

"No," I denied "I mean, why would you think that?"

"He told me, just now actually, that he's going to sleep in the front room from now on, or, he'll be like Harry Potter. He'll move in the cupboard under the stairs."

Good, I thought.

"And, you've been spending a lot of time with each other during the Holidays," dad continued "And after New Year, you haven't been talking to each other or making eye contact."

I rolled my eyes.

"We got tired of each other," I said "By the way, I'm sorry for cursing in front of Maisie and Jaidee in the car."

"That's alright," he said "Besides, they said it was not the first time, and, they got used to it."

True! I spent the entire summer last year with Maisie an Jaidee, and I did curse in front of them a lot.

"George also said that he talked to Mrs. Montgomery, he said that you can take care of Maisie and Jaidee instead."