Chapter 15

After the Grace Randolph's post-Halloween dance, my rivalry with April grew even worse.

I mean, the following days after I saw her at the cemetery, I was cutting her a little bit of slack. But now, after what she did to me that night, I don't even care about what she's going through! Her mother's death is no excuse to her devious attitude! I just had enough of her!

"Romeo and Juliet" Mr. Evans started walking around the classroom...as always "a story of two star-crossed lovers who were separated by their own community and some say" he paused "by their own fate"

I turned to April who was glaring at me, and I glared back, because I still couldn't get over the perfectly-horrid thing that she did to me last Saturday Night...

She made me eat shrimp, and I blacked out. Precisely, a mango crepe, and she admitted that she placed shrimps inside to mess with me, but she didn't know I was THAT allergic to seafoods. Well, is that even an excuse?! Anyways, I blacked out, and I woke up yesterday morning in the school clinic, still in my purple dress. Everyone was there: Helena (of course), Chantel, Cassy, Lily, Jade, Cassius, Mark, Stefan, Isaiah, Dorothy, Headmaster Lovett and of course, Luke.

"Hey! She's waking up!!!" Helena said

"Are you feeling better?" Dorothy asked

"Yeah. I'm- wait, what happened to me?" I asked.

"Are you really that allergic to seafoods?" Jade asked.

"Ohh-yeah" now, I remember.

"Good thing Isaiah found some allergy pills in your trunk. It helped a lot" Cassy said.

"My what?" I asked.

"You didn't know you had some allergy pills?" Chantel asked.

"Um, I don't remember bringing those" I said.

"Johanna" Headmaster spoke up "we had to call your father right away after you passed out. Then, we had to make him reach your mother in Manila to ask her about your allergies because, obviously, only your mother knows about them".

"Yeah, she's a Pediatrician, and she's my personal doctor as well".

"And then she said she packed you some allergy pills" he added.

She did?! Whoah, okay! I didn't know about that.

"Johanna McCarthy!" Mr. Evans yelled.

"Uh, yeah?" I shook myself.

Okay! What the heck! I wasn't paying attention.

"What do you think?" Mr. Evans asked.

"Of what?" I asked, because I didn't really know what!

"The theme!" he said.

"I'm sorry! What was the question again?" Okay! Now, it's completely obvious that I wasn't paying attention AT ALL!

Mr. Evans rolled his eyes.

"What is the theme of Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet'?" he asked.

This one could be easy, and I was about to answer it, but then-

"Mr. Evans!" April raised her hand.

I placed my hands on my face.

"Darn!" I said.

"Forbidden Love?" April said.

"Is that a question or an answer?" he asked. Mr. Evans seemed gloomy today.

"It's an- answer".

"Well, if it is, may you please further explain and express the definition of 'Forbidden Love'?"