Chapter 36

Our relatives, who visited us in the mansion last Christmas, decided to stay with us until January 2!!! It was really great because I love all of the noise going on inside the house!!! After Christmas, everything was just great! My cousins and I go out all the time! Well, not all of them, of course. Since there are too many of us, we all split up into groups. I just go with Sam, Florence and Conor. The little ones stayed home. Some of them playing board games, some of them reading books, surfing the internet, watching movies, and most of the time, they just play in the game room. The adults play cards all the time.

JL, Ralph and Simon are so introverted! Sam, Florence, Conor and I invited them one time to go shopping with us one time, since everything is on sale, but they said they already have plans. They make the same excuses the following days when we kept on inviting them to join us. As for Callum? He's got Toby with him anyway! He's obviously doing more than fine.

Right now, Sam, Florence and I are hanging out in a local coffee shop nearby.

"Hey Joe," Sam spoke.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Who's Bernie?" she asked.

Bernie? The only Bernie I know is the Bernie, the granddaughter of our next-door neighbor back in Ilkley.

"I only know one girl named Bernie back in England, her name's Bernie McGregor," I said

"Yeah! That one!" Florence said.

"What's with her?" I asked.

"She's flirting with Callum, isn't she?" Florence asked.

"How do you know all that?" I asked.

Florence and Sam were giggling afterwards.

Sam brought out a phone afterwards- WAIT! I've seen that phone before!

"Wait!" I shrieked "Isn't that-"

"It is Callum's!!!" Sam said

"How did you-"

"It was on his luggage," Florence said "He never brought it out."

"And last night, Flo and I had a sneaky look in his phone," Sam said, as she started "playing" with Callum's phone.

"Don't do that!" I said.

"Just shut up and listen-" Sam said, as she started reading the messages on the phone "What?! You're in Liverpool?! What are you doing there?!"

"Are you reading that?" I asked.

"Yeah," Florence said.

"Who said that?" I asked.

"Bernie," Sam said.

I groaned.

"I don't even care!" I said, and then I took a sip of my coffee "So, what's the point here anyway?"

Florence turned to Sam.

"Yeah!" Florence said "What's the point?"

"Is Callum with this girl?" Sam asked.

"How should I know?" I said "But he's dating this girl right now-"

"April McDormand?" Sam asked.

"How do you know?" I asked.

Florence leaned to Sam so that she could read the messages on the phone...

"April, let's stop this-" Florence read

"Ohh, no Callum!!!" Sam was exaggerating "Not yet, Callum,"

"You know what?" I said "Let's go home!"