Chapter 22

Up to now, I still couldn't believe it! Or, I'm just not used to being someone's girlfriend, let alone, Lucas Taylor's girlfriend. It feels strange! Luke's my boyfriend!

For the past couple of days, Luke and I kept our relationship a secret. Meanwhile, on the other side of the story, I "broke-up"with Cassius. Since that day, I felt like a bitch because I dumped a sweet guy for the school heartthrob, even though Cassius and I were never in a real, serious relationship, it felt so real because of the way he treats me. Honestly, none of it seemed so fake. Only my thoughts about the reason behind that relationship of ours just got on my way, and that's how I remember none of it was real and I was never in love with Cassius. Poor Cassius though. He seemed really into it, but he knows as my friend, he should have respect for my decisions and I.

Helena was the first to know because Luke had informed her after he and I went to Mr. Barrett's farm. I didn't know he did that until Helena ran up to me and hugged me when I entered our room, and she told me that Luke told her every single thing and to my surprise, she was happy for the both of us. At first, I didn't believe her. I didn't trust her as much as I used to. So, I almost turned things over with Cassius, Chantel and the others but, I almost forgot. They don't know anything about Luke and I, but they are getting suspicious.

Well, it started at Computer class last Wednesday.

Stefan is our classmate at Computer class, along with Luke. Since Luke and I are seated beside each other, we often turn to each other and smile, just like an ordinary, secret campus couple. Stefan is seated near Luke so, while I was smiling at Luke numerous times, I also noticed Stefan, turning to us and suspecting something, but I didn't mind him. The next thing I know, after Computer class, Luke and I walked to our table because finally, the bunch is all together again, but, the way they looked at us while we walked to the table, it's almost as if they were suspecting something from us, but what? Luke and I tried our best to hide our secret from them anyway. Like, we didn't even hold hands or anything while we were walking towards them. The question is why, and if they do know something, how? I turned to Stefan when Luke and I sat with them, and it's almost as if he avoided looking at Luke and I, and it seemed like he was feeling guilty for something.

Afterwards, I decided to break the news to the group. To be honest, it was quite difficult hiding this relationshp of ours. Besides, the guys have the right to know.

They didn't seem surprised because they said it was too obvious. So, yeah. That was kind of it.

Things sort of went back to normal after that day Luke and I decided to make things official between us. But, it didn't really go back to the way things were. Helena went back to the bunch and started hanging out with them again and she apologized for any actions that affected any of them. I wasn't expecting the guys to believe Helena and then forgive her, but, they did believe her and they have forgiven her. Only difference now is Luke and I barely hang out with the guys. We often eat meals together somewhere where no one would really find us, like the Secret Garden because no one really goes there. There are quite a few people in the Courtyard, including Callum's group. So, we don't really like spending time there alone because if we do, we won't be alone...anymore.

Saturday came, and I realized it was our "Weeksary", our 1-week anniversary. I called Luke using Helena's phone like, at three in the morning and greeted him "Happy Weeksary", and he didn't know what it meant. Helena decided to go home a hour later using her car, since the buses only take students home on Fridays.

So, here's how it goes..."Weeksary" is sort of a Filipino invention, but the most common one is "Monthsary". I guess Filipinos just invented those because most couples don't really end up that long. A year hasn't even pass, most couples just split up already. In fact, a month hasn't even pass, some of them separate that early, and everyone knows anniversaries are supposed to be special events in a person's life, and anniversaries are meant for everybody so, to make sure everyone gets an anniversary, some people invented monthsaries and weeksaries, so that at least some people get to experience anniversaries, although no one knows when all of this will end for them and stuff.