Chapter 41

After dinner, Luke and I explored London once more. The last time we were here, we were just friends, and now, we're actually together now.

Jade lives in Croydon, so, Luke and I were literally just running around Croydon. Speaking of Jade, Luke said she and the rest of the girls, along with Isaiah, Cassius and Hannah are on the way back to Yorkshire right now, but Luke said not to worry, because he was told by the girls to have me home before lunch tomorrow. For now, we can do anything we want here in London, though we have very limited time.

Luke and I decided to go to the Big Ben because it was almost midnight, and he thought we should listen to the chimes that plays when the clock strikes 12.

"The London chimes should be on top of your bucket list." he said.

I smiled at him.

"Going to London was on top of my bucket list," I said "And I have to say, I already accomplished that few days before I turned 17 because of you."

He gave me that charming smile of his, and he was about to kiss me, but then we were interrupted by the Big Ben chimes.

"You would love the Big Ben on New Year," he said, as he put his arm around me.

"Maybe next year," I turned to him "You and I, maybe?"

"That is if your dad approves." he said.

And then I became speechless, because I don't think I'll ever find the courage to tell my dad about Luke and I. Callum knows and can tell my dad if he wanted to if he wants to get back at me.

***

Luke and I left London at 5 in the morning so that he has enough time to bring me back home to Ilkley. I couldn't wait to get back to Randolph with him because I know I won't feel so lonely anymore.

I fell asleep on the road. We were already parked in front of my house. When I woke up, Luke was staring at me. I hugged him.

"Thanks for last night." I said.

"Sure." he replied.

"Wait here," I said, as I got off the car and ran inside my house.

I thought it was now time to return Toby to Luke. I found Toby sleeping on the couch in the front room. Of course, I wondered where Callum was. I picked Toby up from the couch, when Callum entered the house from the backyard.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked.

"Luke's outside," I said, still holding Toby in my arms.

"So?!" Callum asked.

"We knew this day would come." I said to him,

"No!" he marched straight towards me"YOU knew this day would come!"

I shrugged.

"What do you mean?! He's not even ours!" and then I was about to go back outside to hand Toby over to Luke, but then Callum grabbed my arm "Let go!"

"I'll never let you go!" he said, and then he froze.

That probably sounded wrong to him. Well, it did to me.

"I won't let you hand him over to Luke," he said calmly.

I nodded.

"Fine!" I said, and then I put Toby back on the couch.

Callum turned around and went to the backyard through the back door.

This was my chance!

I shut the back door and locked it.