Chapter 9

Today, October 31st, marks my 2nd month here at Grace Randolph. Also, today is Halloween, but there's no celebration or anything today, but the girls said that there will be a post-Halloween dance on Saturday night. Actually, the students may go home today because, it's Halloween and then All Saints Day and then All Souls Day. So, three days straight no classes. We should all be back by Thursday morning before classes start. Almost everybody stayed for the weekend, myself included, because last week was really stressful but, Hey!!! Long weekend, starting today. Anyways, Truth be told, I love this school! A lot has happened since my second week at this place.

On the last week of September, it was my first time staying at Grace Randolph on a weekend. It was the very first time I didn't go home, something like that. Many students stayed as well. Anyways, my style is sleeveless and shorts because, you know? It's hot in the Philippines. Saturday that weekend, I showed up in a camouflage short shorts, plain gray sleeveless croptop and boots. Helena went home that weekend so, she didn't see. And then I went to the Dining Hall to have breakfast at 8:00am, everyone was staring at me. I felt conscious, of course. I hated being stared at! One of the things I hate is when people stare at you and scan you like, God! Stop staring at me! It makes me really conscious! Afterwards, April bumped me on purpose and stared at me from head to toe.

"Dress up, will you?" she said to me.

"What?" I asked

"It's too revealing! Change immediately!"

"Joe?" someone said from behind me. I turned around, and it was Luke.

"I'll take care of this" he said to April. April scoffed and walked away.

Ohh-what now?!

"What did I do?" I asked. He turned to me

"It's just that..." he scratched his head "obviously, you didn't read the handbook"

Yeah! I didn't, and I don't read handbooks.

"The school has a strict dresscode on weekends".

"But, I don't have anything else".

The next thing I know, he held my hand and started pulling me on the way to the dorms. We were standing in front of Room 23.

"Wha-" I said.

"Relax Joe, alright? Just trust me on this. This is my room" he said, as he opened the door.

Upon entering, I saw two beds, of course! Everyone's dorm rooms has 2 beds, except for the first, second and third years.

While Luke was looking through his trunk for clothes, I explored the room. So, he's roommates with Cassius, the treasurer who keeps the Swear Jar? I could tell because of his pictures on the other side of the room.

"Here" Luke said, handing me a pair of jeans and an Oxford sweater.

"Thanks" I said, putting the sweater on and putting the jeans over my shorts. I was still walking around the room while putting the sweater on, and then I noticed a picture of Luke and Dorothy standing in front of the London Eye on Luke's bedside table.

"Luke? Is this Dorothy?" I asked, while looking at the photo.

"Ohh!" he ran to the bedside table and grabbed the photo.

"Dude!" I said, confused.

"What?" he said

"You and Dorothy must be pretty close, huh?" I asked.

"Actually" he looked at the photo on his hands "this was taken during a Field Trip. I don't know. I guess, yeah! We're pretty close" he said, putting the photo back.