Chapter 28

When I arrived home last night, I realized nobody else was home. I know dad was on his way back from work and I know now why he comes home late. It is because he now offers tutorials to High School students in Leeds. So, where's Callum, I thought. Dad arrived after I ate dinner...

"Oh-" he said as he went inside and placed his coat on the door rack "You had dinner already, darling? You didn't wait for me"

"You didn't ask me to" I said, as I placed my plate on the sink

"Isaiah and Sanders sure did bring you home early" he said, and then I nodded nervously because Cassius and Isaiah weren't exactly the ones who brought me home "Did Callum leave already?"

"Leave?" I asked "Leave where?"

"To School" he replied

"School? Today's Saturday, we go back to school on Sundays"

"Headmaster Lovett called for Callum, saying he has some kind of meeting with prefects from other schools around England"

I didn't say anything afterwards. I just thought "That should be Luke in the prefect meeting"

"So, will he be back tonight?" I asked dad, hoping he'll say "No, he won't"

"No, he won't" dad said, and in my mind, I just went like "YES! I'll have the whole room for myself!!!"

"When is he coming back?" I asked

"He's scheduled for Preston on Monday, then Manchester on Tuesday" he said

"Oh-" I turned away from dad "Three days only"

Callum does the chores on Sunday mornings. Since he's not here right now, I had to do the chores before going back to school in a few hours. First things first, I had to go to Mrs. Montgomery, our next-door neighbor to fetch some eggs dad had ordered a few days ago, take our laundry to the nearest dry cleaning service, and then I had to clean the house, cook our breakfast and take out the trash. When I finished my chores, I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for school, and it looks like I'm gonna have to take the bus on the way since dad doesn't feel so good and it is also Ben's sister's birthday. His sister lives in Norwich, which is about a 3-4 hour drive away from here so, Ben had to drive himself there and surprise her. I suppose I could call Luke or something, but it would be embarrassing. I know we're in a relationship right now but, still, I'm embarrassed.

Well, taking the bus won't be that bad. I took the bus on the way to school a couple of times in the past.

***

It's been a while since I took the bus, and I always get left-behind so, I was afraid of getting left-behind again. I made sure I was on the bus stop before any of my fellow schoolmates, and I was, that I've been waiting for nearly an hour! I was so exhausted after waking up early, doing some homework and some studying and I and had to do the chores, that I fell asleep on the bench just moments later.

***

When I woke up, I realized I was inside a car. Wait! I'm supposed to be inside a bus right now! I turned to my right because I wanted to see the driver of the car and I was surprised! Oh My God! Am I really seeing this?!

"Good Morning Ricci!!!" Hines, the driver of the car said to me when I turned to him

What the- how did he find me?!

"What the hell!" I yelled at Hines, and then I started hitting him with my bag

"What are you doing?!" he said, as he was trying to calm me down while he was also focused on the road.