Chapter 14

Tonight's the dance.

So, here I am on my side of the room working on our requirements while on the other side, the girls are dressing up and applying makeup. I felt a little jealous looking at all of them preparing while I get to study.

"Joe?" Lily asked

"huhh?" I asked

"You can still change your mind, you know" Helena said

"No thanks"

"Don't you want to give yourself a great time just for once?" Jade asked

"I already had a lot of great memories with you girls" I smiled at them, and they smiled back

"Alright" Chantel said "Because we love you Joe, we're not going to force you anymore"

"Thanks"

"But we're telling you, it's not too late to change your mind" she added

I didn't say anything, I just nodded,

"Well, wish us luck!!!" Cassy said

"Goodluck" I said, as they all went out of the room, and I went back to my business...Studying.

*

Last weekend, I was fixing my stuff, and then I found my very own pocket wifi. Weird! I don't remember packing this when I was in Manila. Anyways, I was thrilled because now that I have it, I can message my mom anytime.

"Dear Mom,

I found my pocket wifi. Yay!? Now, there's no need for me to sneak in the Computer Room or something. Anyways, the school's got this post-Halloween dance right now. If you were here, you would probably telling me to go, but I'm not going. Two guys asked me out, but I don't know who the other guy is. Okay! It's confusing! They have these corsage things that the guys should give to the girls and such, but I'm not going anyways. I know I'm throwing away an "Opportunity of a Lifetime", but...whatever. Anyways, I miss you so much. I hope you didn't forget, only a couple of days to go before my 17th Birthday!!! I love you so much."

I closed my laptop after the email was sent. I got bored so, I played Cher Lloyd's "Alone With Me" on my iPod. I sighed. This song is actually perfect for proms and dances and such. Wait! It's almost as if this song is trying to tempt me to go to the dance...Gosh! No way! No way! No way! I'm being insane, aren't I?

Why don't I want to go to the dance anyways? Is it because I'm torn between two guys? Luke asked me out, but I rejected him. I was planning to ask Callum out, but he wants to go with someone else and besides, it's the guys who should ask the girls out.

I went to get my trunk under my bed and looked for something nice to wear. I already know, I'm going to the dance...

I found my makeup kit. I never leave home without it, especially when I was in Manila. Even though I'm a bit boyish, I never forget to put my make-up kit inside my backpack when I go somewhere. Okay! Anyways, I found makeup and along with it, a bunch of accessories. What's wrong with this trunk!? I don't remember packing any accessories. All I need now is something nice and appropriate to wear, but I couldn't find anything. I turned to Helena's trunk, which was still open. Whoah! Even if five dresses were taken away from here, the trunk is still flooded with gorgeous dresses. I'll just tell Helena I'm borrowing one of her dresses...she wouldn't mind anyways, would she? Hope not...

While digging, I suddenly saw something. It's a gift...for me!?

There was a note sticking on it...

"Dearest Joe McCarthy, this is for you, just in case you change your mind (I knew you would, and I know you don't have any dresses because I peeked inside your trunk). Consider this as my birthday present for you. Love Helena, your best friend"