Chapter 7

The Weekend was so quick!

I woke up this morning, and I realized it's Sunday!!! Yeah! Which means, I'm going back to school any time soon.

Anyway, I woke up at 8:00. Back in Manila, school starts at 7:30am. I wake up and get ready at 4:45am and the bus picks me up by 5:40am. But at least we don't go back to school on a Sunday or something. I hate going to school on weekends. Monday used to be my most disliked day because Monday is when you go back to school and all, but now, I think everything's changed.

Obviously, we only have classes on Mondays to Fridays but, go back to school on a Sunday?! Are you kidding me?!

In Manila, Sunday for me means watching WWE with mom or go to Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, everything! Even skateboard with Jenna after doing homeworks and going to mass. But Grace Randolph obviously only allows us to do those things at home, on Friday nights and of course, Saturdays. The thing is one and a half day at home is not enough. Okay! What the hell am I saying?! It's not like anybody can change the school policy.

So, this time, I made sure that the bus won't leave me behind. By 8:30, I got ready, fixed my stuff and also studied and did some homeworks. I walked from dad's house to the bus stop by 10:30 because I remembered what Luke told me yesterday that the bus arrives at 11:15 and only waits for a minute.

There was only one person I saw at the bus stop when I arrived there. I was sure it's a student from Grace Randolph because the student was wearing the same school uniform. It took me a couple of seconds to recognize who the person was... Danielle Calis, or just simply Dani. She's one of April's followers. She may seem like a mean girl and all just because she follows April but I bet she's very nice. Dani was sitting down on one of the benches by the bus stop, reading "Jane Eyre". Okay! I like read that book once but then got bored in the middle part and I stopped reading it afterwards. I actually read it when I was only seven years old. That's probably why I stopped reading it because I was too young to understand Jane Eyre. My mom scolded me when she found out I was reading that book because she told me romance novels are not appropriate for my age. When I told Jenna I was reading Jane Eyre, she freaked. She went like "isn't that book like horror or something?", and I just said "It's romance!".

But of course, kids under the age of ten don't really understand anything about Charlotte Bronte, William Shakespeare and God knows what else. When I was eight, I started reading Frances Hodgson Burnett books starting with A Little Princess, then The Secret Garden and then I carried on with The Chronicles of Narnia.

I approached Dani and said "Hi".

"Hey" she said, but she did not turn to me or anything. Instead, she just continued reading.

"Jane Eyre, huh?" I asked

"Yeah"

"How is it?" I asked

"I read it before. I'm just re-reading it again" she said

"The author is from Yorkshire, right?"

"Yeah. The Bronte Sisters were raised in West Yorkshire"

"So, where are your friends?" I asked "Where's April?"

"Where are yours?" she asked me, without even answering my question.

"I asked you first"

"Just go away! I'm reading!"

"I'm not going anywhere".

Before she said anything, she finally looked at me, closed her book and stood up, then we were face-to-face.

"I asked you to go away" she said