Chapter 29

It was Luke's Birthday a couple of days later. I didn't really have anything prepared for him. I was too busy with my school work, but Luke should understand that my grades and academics mean everything to me. I told Luke I do have something for him, but he's gonna have to wait...well, I lied! I really have no idea what to give him or what to do for him.

I felt even more guilty during lunch. Stefan gave him a cake, (as always), Cassius gave him a pair of converse, the two other nerds (Matt and Mark) gave him George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones 5-Book Boxed Set (Song of Ice and Fire series), since Luke likes Game of Thrones. Chantel, Cassy, Lily and Jade shared their allowances to buy him some trousers that costs like £50. Helena's present is Luke's favorite, which is probably the lamest one of them all: a scrapbook. Well, inside was like glued pictures of Luke and Helena since they were eleven or something. Helena said it symbolizes her and Luke's "6-Year Friendship".

I started rummaging for something inside my bag a few minutes later, and then I found my wallet. Well, I'll just give him money for the moment.

"Here" I handed him £40 "Happy Birthday. Go buy yourself something"

Cassius gave a small laugh.

"That's creative" Cassius said

"I don't get presents back in Manila. Instead, people give me money" I said, and then I grabbed my stuff and stood up

"Where are you going?" Chantel asked

"In a place where I could focus" I said, and then I left the Dining Hall.

***

I went to the secret garden to do some studying there. Not that I raged or anything, but, I just feel guilty for not getting Luke something for his birthday. I do not have so much friends back in Manila so, I don't really give presents that much. Only Jenna, but she would always tell me what she wants. For example, she asked me to buy her a blue iPhone case for her 14th Birthday, and I did! I went back to the States when I was 10 and Aunt Jessie and I went to Orlando because we wanna go to Harry Potter World. Jenna and I chatted the night before we went to Harry Potter World and she asked me to buy her a Hufflepuff robe and Hermione's wand as a birthday present, even though her birthday was two months away. When I came back to Manila, I told her I completely forgot (but, I didn't, and I bought her everything she asked from me), then she got pissed at me and said I should give her something better on her birthday. Her birthday, July 27 came and then I gave her the Hufflepuff robe and Hermione's wand and some candies such as Fudge Flies, Chocolate Frog and Bertie Bott's Beans.

So, what does Luke want anyway?

"Hey!" a familiar voice said from behind me. I turned around, and it was him...

"Luke" I said "How'd you know I'd be here?"

"I didn't, really" he said "It's the last place I thought you'd be"

I shook my head afterwards and turned back to my History book.

"How strange of you to come in here" he said

"It's not strange" I said "You know I don't like the Courtyard so much because there's too many people there"

"No, it's not that. It's just that, you don't usually come in here without me"

I closed my History Book.

"Are they pissed at me?" I asked

"No, not at all!" he said "Why would you think that?"

"Because I walked out" I said

"Cassius thinks you're pissed at him" he said

"Why?" I asked