Chapter 17

"Okay! I'll see you all on Sunday noon. Don't forget to read Chapter 8. Have a good weekend at your homes!" Mr. Macintosh, our History teacher, dismissed us.

Today is Friday.

Same old thing: buses in the Courtyard, students packing their stuff, Courtyard's always crowded...

I miss my dad so much. It's been nearly two weeks since I haven't come home...and I decided not to go home this weekend because 1. My friends told me not to and 2. Luke promised to take me somewhere tomorrow. But, I'm not so sure if that plan of his or that so-called "friendly date" he planned with me would still push through because it's only now that I realized that I haven't talked to Luke since Monday afternoon when he helped me get better after getting into a massive catfight with April.

But yesterday, I was again, studying at the Courtyard. Except this time, I couldn't focus so much because I was waiting for Callum. God! What happened to him!? I hope he's not upset with me. Well, he seemed pretty upset with me last Tuesday and I haven't seen or talked to him after that conversation. I really do hope he's not upset with me and if ever he is, why would he? Finally, I gave up "waiting" for him and I walked back to the Dining Hall. When I approached our table, all of my friends were there, and it's as if they had this sneaky plan in mind... I came a little closer, and they didn't even know I was there, listening....

"It's freezing there now! We're a couple of weeks away from December!" I heard Cassius saying

"I know! That's why we have to buy her something really cozy!" Helena said

Wait! Who are they talking about anyways!?

"Do you even see her clothes!?" Lily said

"Why? What do they look like?" Stefan asked

"they're all croptops and sleeveless and shorts! She can't where those if she's going there" Helena said

"but, there's no time!" Isaiah said

"No! There is...perhaps later after classes! We'll hit the Grove and get her some fancy clothes" Chantel said

"You're all bloody mental!" Isaiah said

"Isaiah, Headmaster's your grandfather!" Mark said

"So?"

"You know how we could get past him" Jade said

"Yeah! Somebody's got to provide distraction for both Headmaster and- you know who" Cassius said

"Why does it always have to be me?" Isaiah said

"C'mon, Isaiah! You're good at these things! You could help us by-"

"Help you in what way?" I cut them off

"Joe!" they all said together, and they seemed surprised to see me.

"What are you guys talking about, and why am I not part of it?" I asked. Nobody answered, but they all looked at each other in confusal "'That better be not about me"

"No! No!....no, no! Of course not!" they all said at the same time.

"Whatever" I said and walked away.

Still following the events of yesterday, after classes, I tried to look for them but if I could recall, I may have heard them say that they were going to hit the Grove earlier...okay! Fine! No reason for me to look for any of them. I just headed for my dorm room to do some studying.

When I arrived at my dorm room, I found Isaiah inside, sitting on Helena's bean bag while reading a book.

"Isaiah?" I said