Chapter 27

Dad arrived home the next day. All I could think of was where did he go or why did he come home just now. I tried to ask him as he arrived, but he said that he had a meeting and he had to overtime at work. If only I knew he would be back the next day, I would've slept in his room so that I wouldn't have to share rooms with Callum.

A slow day had me checking my Social Media accounts using hotspot starting with Facebook. I didn't have that much notifications, but they were all the same. The messages were from my schoolmates and some relatives saying "We miss you back here" or "When are you coming back?". The latest one was from my neighbor Czarina and she said "Hey Johanna. This is a bit weird, but I miss you? Haha!!! Come back soon!!! I didn't even know you were in the UK since a few weeks ago when I dropped by your house and decided to give you something for your birthday. Your grandma was the one who answered the door and she told me everything. Anyway, please visit us this Christmas, maybe??".

Czarina lives next-door to our house in Manila. She was my best friend until Jenna came. Since Jenna lives a few blocks away from us, the three of us became a team until Czarina approached me one day saying that she doesn't want to be with Jenna and I anymore because Jenna is intimidating. Her Australian accent, her looks, everything! Afterwards, it was only Jenna and I. But that didn't stop Czarina and I from seeing each other. Since we live next-door to each other, we still talk and stuff, but not as much as we used to.

Speaking of Jenna, I tried to search her on Facebook, but I couldn't find her. Don't know why. Then I opened our messages and all I found from our last conversation is "Facebook User". Meaning, she blocked me. I didn't want to believe in the fact that Jenna blocked me or something, so I pressed on "Facebook User" which was suppose to redirect me to her profile, but all that came out was "Content Not Found". So, she blocked me! Okay then!

I wanted to cheer myself up. I have to. So, I texted Luke. I waited, but there was no reply. I was starting to get paranoid and stuff and thought that I would've done something wrong. Like, what is wrong with the world?!

Later on, my phone started ringing. It was Luke and he was calling me. I immediately picked the phone up because, finally! Something to lift me up from my misery!

"Oh My God! Hey!" I said

"Hi" Luke said on the other line, and he sounded like he was struggling "Whoa! Whoa! Calm down!"

"Is everything okay?" I asked

"Yes, everything's fine, everything's alright- oww!" he said

"What's going on there?" I asked

"Just playing with Toby" he replied "He bit my finger"

Oh. Toby, Luke's dog. I took a deep breath.

"I thought it was something serious"

I heard him laugh.

"No, don't worry! Nothing serious usually happens to me" he said "How's your weekend so far?"

I groaned.

"Like shit?!" I said

"Why?" he asked

"Your "brother" moved in with us" I said

"Who?" he asked

"Your brother!" I said

"I don't have a brother" he said

"Callum moved in with us!" I yelled

"Ohh" he said "Callum's not my brother by the way...he's my half-brother. What happened anyway?"

"We're sharing rooms"

"What?!" Luke shrieked "You can't be serious!"

"Wish I wasn't" I said