Chapter 43

It's been four days since Luke and I have talked. We're seated beside each other at Computer class, and he hasn't even said a word to me. He thinks I'm always siding with Callum, but I'm really not. In a way, I'm just disgusted by him, how he always gets what he wants, how he always does everything just to get what he wants, and I'm disgusted by his attitude, how he feels superior all the time. He should just accept the fact that he can't have everything he wants, and that someone will always be better than him.

"To be honest, I'm not very impressed with your performances!" our History teacher said, while giving the papers back "I told you this test was going to be really hard! And what happened?! More than half of you failed! In fact, only five of you passed!"

"Ugh!" April groaned. She was seated behind Hannah and I, and then she just crumpled her paper.

It's been a while since I've spoken to April, probably because I didn't want to fight with her anymore, and then I tried to befriend her, but then she just doesn't want to be friends with me I guess, or have anything to do with me. So, I guess I've given up on her. I am through with trying to force connections with people who do not like me, such as April.

"How'd you do?" I asked.

April looked at me, but she didn't give me those death glares she usually gives to me. It's just April, but an April I've never seen before.

"I got an 85," she said.

Hannah and I looked at each other, then we turned to April.

"Congrats!" Hannah said.

"You passed!" I said.

April smiled.

"Thanks," she said "But, I was expecting so much more."

"McCarthy," the teacher called me and gave me my paper.

"Congrats, April." I said "You're higher than me."

I got an 80.

"Hannah Taylor," she called for Hannah "Well done, Ms. Taylor, and welcome back!!!"

Hannah seemed happy with her test.

"How is it?" I asked.

"97!!!" she squealed.

"Nice one!" I said, and then I gave her a high five.

"97?" April spoke "That test was announced Monday last week,"

Hannah nodded.

"You arrived Friday, and started studying just last Monday," April said. She didn't seem mad, but quite jealous and pissed I guess, because she's been studying so hard for this test "Congratulations."

Hannah seemed confused.

"Thanks, April." she said.

***

Luke was seated with Daryl Rollins, his former "boss" and one of his closest friends during lunch. I mean, come to think of it, Cassius is just Luke's room mate and not technically a best friend, same with Isaiah, because he is friends with everybody in the school.

Luke was just staring at me while we were eating so, I couldn't really concentrate. Helena suddenly noticed.

"You two got into a fight?" she asked.