Chapter 10

It wasn't a long trip. Dad said traveling from our house to my cousins' by car only takes like 20 minutes or so, something like that, because we were only traveling to Otley, a town in Leeds metropolitan borough, West Yorkshire, England, by the River Wharfe, where my cousins' family live (obviously. I just said it).

I fell asleep for a couple of minutes, probably because I was wide awake last night and, of course, this morning. I didn't really get enough sleep so, I slept. And then I woke up, I realized my head was leaning on Callum's shoulder the whole time I was sleeping...

"Oh My God! I'm so sorry!" I said when I realized that my head was on his shoulder for the past couple of minutes of traveling.

"That's Alright" he said and looked out the window "We're here, by the way" he said, and I looked out the window.

The house seems "not so large" on the outside because when you look at it, there's only this Driveway leading to the garage, but the rear is amazing because it's being lawned with flowerbeds and such. Callum mentioned that they have this extremely gigantic garden/backyard. He also said that whenever parties take place at this house, it's always held at one of the gardens. ONE of the gardens. Meaning, there are still more gardens here. My relatives must be gold diggers, or they're just lucky enough to buy this sort off rare, 3 bed detached house, because it was a bargain. According to dad, the outside of the house is nothing really much compared to the inside.

And then, Ben helped me with my backpack, but then I said I'll handle it instead because...it's only a backpack, and I don't like being treated like a princess or even a child who couldn't carry her backpack on her own. Dad said we're going to spend the night here because tomorrow, we are going to the cemetery together along with my cousins to visit our grandparents' graves.

Anyways, this 3 bed detached house is located in Weston Ridge, Otley, West Yorkshire. We were all welcomed by Thomas (Tom), who is my uncle or my dad's brother because Callum told me earlier while we were walking from the limo to the front door. I guess I'm gonna have to call him "Uncle Tom" since he is my dad's older brother, which makes him my uncle.

"Joe, come here will you?" dad called me, and I went to him "Tom, this is Johanna".

"Johanna?" my Uncle Tom said.

"Hello, Uncle Tom" I said, in a bashful manner.

"I have been looking forward to meeting you for years now!!!" Uncle Tom said, and I just smiled and nodded "and Callum!!!" he approached Callum "you are certainly a grown man!!!".

"Thankyou" Callum said.

"Shall we proceed inside?" Aunt May, my Uncle Tom's wife said, and we all went inside the house.

"Callum!" a kid who looks like my age said in excitement as he ran to Callum and hugged him when we entered the Living Room.

"Hi!!!" Callum said. These two must be really close.

"Johanna, this is Simon. Simon, this is your cousin Johanna" Tom introduced us to each other.

"My cousin?!" Simon said when he turned to me.

"Be nice" Aunt May said to him.

"Hello, cousin!" Simon approached me and offered his hand to me.

"Hi" I said, shaking his hand.

"Joe, Simon is 16" Callum said.

"So, we're the same age" I said.

"Are you my cousin from Asia?" Simon asked.

"Well, yeah. Philippines, actually" I said.

"Ohh. Well, I'm delighted to meet you!!!" he said.

"You too" I said "Your house is so nice" I added.