Chapter 3

I was walking around our village because I was bored and, of course, I'm gonna miss it. And then walking back to our house, I saw Michael, Jenna's brother, walking towards the gate of our house.

"Michael!" I ran to him, he turned to me and smiled

"Hi" he said

Is it just me, or am I starting to think that Michael is cute or something?

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"Well" he scratched his head "do you think I'm gonna let you leave without saying goodbye?"

"What?" he kind of left me hanging

"You're going to England, right?"

"Yeah"

"You're so lucky! I'm desperate to go to the United Kingdom"

"Me too. But, not like this!"

"Not like what?" He asked

"Please! As if your sister didn't tell you"

He pulled out a small envelope from his pocket and gave it to me. I was about to open it, but then he stopped me from doing so.

"Just read it when you get there" he said

"Okay" I smiled

"Don't feel awkward. I know we're not close or anything but, I'm really gonna miss you coming over to our house and making noise"

I scoffed

"I'm gonna miss you too"

He leaned to me and kissed my cheek. He left before I could say anything.

I sighed.

I started talking to myself later on.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Michael. Even if we don't talk so much, even if you ignore me every time I come over to your house, even if you pretend I'm invisible every time you would pick up Jenna and I from school and have Starbucks and you'll be sitting in another table away from us, even if you pretend that Jenna and I are not around every time we watch and support you on your basketball practices and games and now that I'm leaving, you're still pretending that I don't exist and you walked away from me before I could say something to you, but now that I'm leaving and now that you walked away from me, I guess you'll never hear it" I shrugged "Your loss, loser!"

I turned to his letter on my hand.

"You've pushed me away all your life and now you're giving me a letter? That's genius! Really!"

***

I went straight upstairs to my room and placed Michael's letter on the drawer of my study table because I thought there were more things to take care of rather than reading a letter from my best friend's brother, whom I haven't really made contact with EVER. Anyway, I'll just remind myself to get the letter from the drawer once I am about to leave for England. Besides, if Michael would like to tell me something, why wouldn't he just email me?

"Hey!!!" Jenna said as she entered my room "How's it goin'?"

"Still worried" I said "Your brother was here earlier"

"Ohh, he was?" she said

"He didn't tell you?" I asked

"He said he has basketball practice" she replied

"Whatever" I said, as I sat on my bed. Jenna sat beside me later on.

"Isn't it obvious?" she spoke up