Bakerix: Part 2

Scene: Rolland House.

"Grandpa?" 

Constantine and Rolland's eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh. You...you faked your own death just to get away from Regina?"

"..."

Kalianna scowled. "Guess I wasn't lying when I said I was your granddaughter." She stormed out of the house, followed by Marinette. 

"No, wait!" Constantine ran out after them.

Rolland slammed the kitchen doors closed and proceeded to knead his dough. "I hate family drama. And that Marinette girl. Tch. Such a liar" His mice looked at him. "Don't look at me like that. She shouldn't have lied to her grandfather. I mean, to her not grandfather." He puts both their bread dough into the oven. "And her bread. I bet her bread is as terrible as her father's." He slams the oven door shut.

Scene: Outside Rolland's House.

"Please let me explain!" Constantine cried.

"Explain what?!" Kalianna retorted.

"Look." Constantine sighed. "Your parents must've told you about how I died right?"

"Yes, they did."

"I knew the assassination attack was going to happen."

"What?!" Kalianna and Marinette shrieked. 

"You heard me. I knew it was going to happen because I planned the whole thing." Constantine sighed and sat down on the steps of the house. "I had to get away from Regina. I just..had to. Ruling our duchy by her side was draining me every minute I spent time with her. So when the opportunity came to plan a ball. I took it."

"Wait, duchy? Does that mean you were a duke?" Marinette asked.

"An earl, actually. When the "assassins" Constantine quoted the word assassins. "Struck, they kidnapped me, held me, hostage, for a few days as planned. Then one of them got surgery to look like me."

"And lemme guess, you...dealt with the assassin?" Kal inquired.

"No. The assassin was already dying from cancer. All we had to do was get him back to the palace and place him there. He already knew his mission. So while everyone was busy tending to his needs, I was already on my way out the country to Paris."

"Where you met your old friend, Rolland." Marinette figured.

"Correct." Constantine nodded. "And you already know the story from there."

"Why didn't you just come back secretly?" Anna probed.

"It was too risky. And plus I heard on the news that you and your family had moved to Paris, but I didn't know where you lived. Besides, you all probably didn't want to see my face after what I did."

"Your wrong." Kalianna hissed. "My mom misses you. Did you even know that Reyna and Evelyn were gone?"

"..."

"So that's a no?"

"..."

"Definitely a no. Do you even know my name?"

"Of course I do. I remember you running around in the royal halls while the maids tried to catch you." Constantine chuckled.

Kalianna wiped away a tear that had slid down her cheek.

"Um, how about we go back inside? I wanna fix things with my grandpa." Marinette intervened.

The three entered the house and Marinette knocked on the kitchen door. "Grandpa!"