Arrière (Backwarder)

Scene: Marinette's Room.

"Girls! We have a very serious situation!" Marinette announced.

The girls are cuddled up on the couch, all of them except Rose look extremely tired.

"Adrien and his father have been invited to the Royal Wedding in England this weekend."

Alya was annoyed and exhausted. "That's the "emergency" you called us over here for on a Saturday morning?" She frowned.

"You don't get it! Kagami and her mother are going too! And so is Kalianna and her parents!" Marinette paces around the room doing dramatic hand gestures. "Which means that Adrien, Kagami, and Kalianna will be spending an entire weekend together!"

"And...?" Alix questioned, tired and frustrated.

Marinette begins to ramble. "What if Adrien is blown away by Kalianna or Kagami's awesome dress and hairstyle? And if Adrien and Kagami or Kalianna dance together at the reception? And what if Adrien tours the city with Kalianna or Kagami on a romantic horse and buggy ride? It would be the end of the world! They're taking the Startrain to London at 11 AM; that's in less than two hours! We've gotta do something, fast!"

The girls seem to be dozing off; only Rose seems enthusiastic and wide awake.

"We could... organize a demonstration and make the trains go on strike," Mylène suggested tiredly.

"Nah, they'd just take a helicopter or Kalianna's private jet." Alya shot the idea down.

Rose enthusiastically raises her hand. "I know! We'll dress you up as British megastar Adeline so you can slip into Buckingham Palace. You'll lure Adrien away from Kagami and Kalianna at the reception and waltz with him in the grand ballroom and-"

Alix was quick to interrupt. "Then when Adrien finds out you're not who he thought you were, he'll be totally disappointed because he hates lying; he'll fall head-over-heels in love with Kagami or Kalianna, given that they never lie, and you'll get locked away in the Tower of London."

Marinette squeals in terror.

"Why don't you just kidnap Kagami and Kalianna? That's cool." Juleka mumbled.

The other girls look at Juleka in terror and gasp as they sit up straight.

"That would be bad!" Alix exclaimed.

"No way we could do that, Juleka!" Alya piped up.

Mylène shakes her head in disapproval. "Mm-mm!"

"We couldn't!" Rose concluded.

"Listen, Marinette, the best thing to do is just spill your guts to Adrien once and for all before he takes off for London!" Alya advised, frustrated.

"Couldn't we try Juleka's idea instead?"

The girls shake their heads and make a disapproving noise.

"But I just can't do that!" Marinette dramatically flops her head down. "I can't talk to him without," She raises her head making melodramatic hand gestures. "Stumbling all over my words. I've been trying for 2 years and-" She gasps as she sees Wayzz peeking through her bedroom window. "... And you're right!" She nervously giggles and starts dragging the girls out of her room as they gasp in surprise. "It's about time things change. I'll find the courage somehow; thanks, girls!"

Alya turns to face Marinette in surprise. "You sure you'll be okay?"

The bluenette nervously scratches the back of her head. "Yeah, sure! I'll let you know what happens..." She shuts the trapdoor, shooing Alya out. "Bye girls!"