Caméléonne (Chameleon: Part 1)

Marinette sprinted to school with a croissant in her mouth. As Fred was about to close the door, the bluenette burst in shouting multiple waits. She ran up the stairs and skidded to a stop at her classroom door. She panted for breath before going in, where she saw everyone in the class is sitting next to someone except for Adrien, who had an empty seat beside him, much to her excitement. She sneaked around him towards Alya.

"How'd you pull this off, Alya? You're the best! I can't believe you got everyone to swap seats so I can sit next to Adrien! Then again, it might not be the best idea. It could keep me from paying attention in class, and if I fail it'd be a total disaster because then Adrien and I would never have our own house, the three kids, the hamster named-"

Alya puts a stop to her best friend's fantasizing by interrupting her. "Whoa girl, what are you talking about? You're not sitting next to Adrien. Your seat's over there." She directed her head at the back, where Kalianna was sitting.

"At the back with Kalianna? Why? What's going on?" Marinette questioned.

"Well since she's got a hearing issue, there's no way she can sit at the back of the class, right? Which means she needed a place up in the front." Nino chimed in.

"So to make it work Ivan sat next to Mylène, Nate sat next to Alix, Ronnie sat next to Logan, besides she came up with the idea of moving Nino here, so now we get to spend more time together," Alya said.

"Who is this "she"?" Marinette asked.

Miss Bustier enters the classroom just then. "Good morning, students. I'm sure you've all heard by now, but Lila's home from her trip to Achu, and she's back in school with us again."

'Wait, what?!' Kalianna thought.

Lila enters the classroom. "Hi, everyone."

"Hi, Lila." The whole class except for Marinette and Kalianna greeted her back.

"Oh, a seat in the front row! You all remembered my hearing issue! You're such sweethearts, all of you." Lila blew kisses at everyone before she sat down next to Adrien.

'This girl...she planned this didn't she?!' Kali glared at Lila.

"You have a hearing problem, Lila?" Marinette quizzed suspiciously.

"Yes, I suffer from tinnitus, a constant ringing in my left ear. I've had it ever since the sound of an airplane engine burst my eardrum on the runaway when I was saving Jagged Stone's long lost kitten."

"Uh, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Jagged's pet a crocodile? Fang?" Kalianna crossed her arms with a smirk.

"Now it is, yes. But he had a kitten until he found out he was allergic to it." Lila made up a quick false truth, fake smiling at the noirette. "The best part is," She swiftly scooted closer over to Adrien, invading his personal space. "Since you're such an excellent student Adrien, you'll be able to help me catch up with all the schoolwork I missed while I was traveling with my parents. Would you do that for me?"

"Sure, Lila." Adrien agreed, recoiling from her a bit.

Anna gritted her teeth.

"Miss Bustier, why do I have to sit in the back now?" Marinette complained.

"Do you have any trouble hearing or seeing, Marinette?" Miss Bustier inquired.

"Uh, I...I..."

"My eyesight and hearing are good. I'll sit in the back of the class with Kalianna and you two can sit upfront. I don't mind." Adrien uttered. He really didn't mind since it would give him more time to spend with his girlfriend.