A God Complex Pt 2

[First floor landing]

DOCTOR: We'll pop back to the Tardis, I'll do a planet-wide diagnostic sweep, and then we'll have a sing song.
AMY: Where's the Tardis? You parked it there, didn't you?
HOWIE: What's a Tardis?
RORY: Our way out. And it's gone.
(The musak starts up again.)
DOCTOR: Okay, this is bad. At the moment, I don't know how bad, but certainly we're three buses, a long walk and eight quid in a taxi from good. Are there any more of you?
RITA: Joe. But he's tied up right now.
DOCTOR: Doing what?
RITA: No, I mean he's tied up right now.

[Restaurant]

(Joe is tied to a chair. All the tables are populated with ventriloquist's dummies, which are laughing. They fall silent and look around as the Doctor enters, followed by Amy and Rory, then the others.)
DOCTOR: Hello. I'm the Doctor.
JOE: We're going to die here.
DOCTOR: Well, they certainly didn't mention that in the brochure. Is Joe there? Can I have a quick word?
JOE: Oh, it's still me, Doctor, but I've seen the light. I lived a blasphemous life, but he has forgiven my inconstancy, and soon he shall feast.
DOCTOR: Well, you've been here two days. What's he waiting for?
JOE: We weren't ready. We were still raw.
DOCTOR: But now you're what, cooked?
(The Doctor observes Joe's horseshoe tie clip and dice cufflinks.)
JOE: If you like. Soon you will be, too. Be patient. First, find your room.
DOCTOR: My room.
JOE: There's a room here for everyone, Doctor. Even you.
DOCTOR: You said you'd seen the light now.
JOE: Nothing else matters anymore. Only him. It's like these things. I used to hate them. They make me laugh now. Gottle o' geer. Gottle o' geer.
(Laughter.)
JOE: You should go. He'll be here soon.
DOCTOR: I think you should come with me.
(The Doctor slides a luggage trolley under Joe's chair.)

[Reception]

DOCTOR: Why you four? That's what I don't understand. Aside from all the other things I don't understand.
GIBBIS: What does it matter? Sooner or later, someone will come along and rescue us.
(He turns off the musak.)
GIBBIS: Or enslave us.
DOCTOR: First, we find the Tardis. Quick thing before we go. If you feel drawn to a particular room, do not go in, and make sure someone else can see you at all times.
RITA: Joe said, he will feast. Is there something here with us?
DOCTOR: Something to add, Joe?
JOE: Here comes a candle to light you to bed. Here comes a chopper to chop off your head. Chop, chop, chop, chop.
HOWIE: Can we do something about him?

[First floor corridor]

(Joe's mouth has been taped shut, and Gibbis is wheeling him along.)
GIBBIS: Personally, I think you've got the right idea. Times like this, I think of my old school motto. Resistance Is Exhausting.
HOWIE: I've worked out where we are.
RONALD : Hmm?
HOWIE: Norway.
RORY: Norway?
HOWIE: You see, the US government has entire cities hidden in the Norwegian mountains. You see, Earth is on a collision course with this other planet, and this is where they're going to send all the rich people when it kicks off.
RONALD : Amazing.
HOWIE: It's all there on the internet.
RORY: No, it's amazing you've come up with a theory even more insane than what's actually happening.
(A man in his underwear and with a whistle around his neck steps out of room 158.)
DOCTOR: Hello.
TEACHER: Have you forgotten your PE kit again? Right, that's it, you're doing it in your pants!
(And goes back inside the room.)
DOCTOR: Hey! Don't!
(Howie opens room 155. There are a lot of pretty girls there.)
BLONDE: Oh, look, girls, it's H-H-H-Howie!
BRUNETTE: What's loser in K-K-K-Klingon?
HOWIE [OC]: Praise him.
HOWIE: Shut the d, d, d, the door. This is just some m, m, messed up CIA stuff, I'm, I'm, I'm telling you.
DOCTOR: You're right. Keep telling yourself that. It's a CIA thing, nothing more.

[Second floor corridor]

(They find the pages from PC Lucy's notebook. Rory kneels to tie his shoelace and spots a Fire Exit.)
RONALD : Er guys?
Isabella : Look.
(Something roars.)
AMY: Okay, whatever that is, it's not real, yeah?
DOCTOR: No. No, I'm sure it isn't, but just in case, let's run away and hide anyway. In here.
(Rita pulls Joe's chair into a room.)
RORY: No, this way! I've found a
(The Fire Exit door becomes room 219.)