The impossible Astronaut Pt 2

Diner]

RIVER: You got 3, I was 2, Mister Delaware was 4.
RORY: So?
RIVER: So, where's 1?
RONALD : What, you think he invited someone else?
RIVER: Well, he must have. He planned all of this, to the last detail.
Isabella : Will you two shut up? It doesn't matter.
RIVER: He was up to something.
AMY: He's dead.
RIVER: Space, 1969. What did he mean?
Isabella : You're still talking, but it doesn't matter.
RORY: Hey, it mattered to him.
RIVER: So it matters to us.
AMY: He's dead.
RIVER: But he still needs us. I know. Amy, Isabella I know. But right now we have to focus.
Ronald : Look.
(Another blue envelope on a table near the back.)
RORY: Excuse me, who was sitting over there?
BUSBOY: Some guy.
RIVER: The Doctor knew he was going to his death, so he sent out messages. When you know it's the end, who do you call?
RONALD : Er, your friends. People you trust.
RIVER: Number 1. Who did The Doctor trust the most?
(The person who comes out of the restroom, that's Who.)
RIVER: This is cold. Even by your standards, this is cold.
DOCTOR: Or hello, as people used to say.
Isabella : Doctor?
DOCTOR: I just popped out to get my special straw. It adds more fizz.
AMY: You're okay. How can you be okay?
DOCTOR: Hey, of course I'm okay. I'm always okay. I'm the King of Okay. Oh, that's a rubbish title. Forget that title. Rory the Roman! That's a good title. Hello, Rory. And Doctor River Song. Oh, you bad, bad girl. What trouble have you got for me this time?
(River slaps the Doctor, hard.)
DOCTOR: Okay. I'm assuming that's for something I haven't done yet.
RIVER: Yes, it is.
DOCTOR: Good. Looking forward to it.
RONALD : I don't understand. How can you be here?
DOCTOR: I was invited. Date, map reference. Same as you lot, I assume, otherwise it's a hell of a coincidence.
AMY: River, what's going on?
RIVER: Isabella , ask him what age he is.
DOCTOR: That's a bit personal.
RIVER: Tell her. Tell her what age you are.
DOCTOR: Nine hundred and nine.
RIVER: Yeah, but you said you were
RIVER: So where does that leave us, huh? Jim the fish? Have we done Jim the fish yet?
DOCTOR: Who's Jim the fish?
Isabella : I don't understand.
RORY: Yeah, you do.
DOCTOR: I don't! What are we all doing here?
RIVER: We've been recruited. Something to do with space 1969, and a man called Canton Everett Delaware the third.
DOCTOR: Recruited by who?
RIVER: Someone who trusts you more than anybody else in the universe.
DOCTOR: And who's that?
RIVER: Spoilers.

[Tardis]

DOCTOR: 1969, that's an easy one! Funny, how some years are easy. Now, 1482, full of glitches. Now then, Canton Everett Delaware the third. That was his name, yeah? How many of those can there be? Well, three, I suppose. Ronald , is everybody cross with me for some reason?
RONALD : I'll find out.

[Tardis lower level]

AMY: Explain it again.
RIVER: The Doctor we saw on the beach is a future version, two hundred years older than the one up there.
Isabella : But all that's still going to happen. He's still going to die.
RIVER: We're all going to do that, Amy Isabella .
RORY: We're not all going to arrange our own wake and invite ourselves. So, the Doctor, in the future, knowing he's going to die, recruits his younger self and all of us to, to what, exactly? Avenge him?
RIVER: Uh huh. Avenging's not his style.
AMY: Save him.
RONALD : Yeah, that's not really his style either.
Isabella : We have to tell him.
RIVER: We've told him all we can. We can't even tell him we've seen his future self. He's interacted with his own past. It could rip a hole in the universe.
AMY: Yes, but he's done it before.
RORY: And in fairness, the universe did blow up.
Isabella : But he'd want to know.
RIVER: Would he? Would anyone?
DOCTOR: I'm being extremely clever up here, and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
RIVER: Couldn't you just slap him sometimes?
AMY: River, we can't just let him die. We have to stop it. How can you be okay with this?
RIVER: The Doctor's death doesn't frighten me. Nor does my own. There's a far worse day coming for me. 

[Tardis]

DOCTOR: Time isn't a straight line. It's all bumpy wumpy. There's loads of boring stuff like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything's possible. The Tardis can't resist them, like a moth to a flame. She loves a party, so I give her 1969 and NASA, because that's space in the sixties, and Canton Everett Delaware the third, and this is where she's pointing.
Isabella : Washington D.C., April the eighth, 1969. So why haven't we landed?
DOCTOR: Because that's not where we're going.
RONALD : Oh. Where are we going?
DOCTOR: Home. Well, you two are. Off you pop and make babies. And you, Doctor Song, back to prison. And me? I'm late for a biplane lesson in 1911. Or it could be knitting. Knitting or biplanes. One or the other. What? A mysterious summons. You think I'm just going to go? Who sent those messages? I know you know. I can see it in your faces. Don't play games with me. Don't ever, ever think you're capable of that.
RIVER: You're going to have to trust us this time.
DOCTOR: Trust you? Sure. But, first of all, Doctor Song, just one thing. Who are you? You're someone from my future. Getting that. But who? Okay. Why are you in prison? Who did you kill, hmm? Now, I love a bad girl, me, but trust you? Seriously.
AMY and Isabella : Trust us.
DOCTOR: Okay.
AMY: You have to do this, and you can't ask why.
DOCTOR: Are you being threatened? Is someone making you say that?
Isabella : No.
DOCTOR: You're lying.
AMY: I'm not lying.
DOCTOR: Swear to me. Swear to me on something that matters.
Isabella : Fish fingers and custard.
DOCTOR: My life in your hands, Amelia Pond and Isabella Pond. 
RIVER: Thank you.
DOCTOR: So! Canton Everett Delaware the third. Who's he?

[Bar]

(W Morgan Sheppard's son, Mark.)
CANTON: Who wants to know?
CARL: Your boss.
CANTON: I don't have a boss anymore.
CARL: Maybe you want to tell that to the President of the United States.

[Tardis]

RIVER: Ex FBI. Got kicked out.
DOCTOR: Why?

[Car]

NIXON [on telephone]: I understand that you have a problem with authority.
CANTON: Thank you.
NIXON [on telephone]: That's not a compliment, son.

[Tardis]

RIVER: Six weeks after he left the Bureau, the President contacted him for a private meeting.
DOCTOR: Yeah, 1969. Who's President?

[Oval office]

NIXON: This is a personal matter. I need someone on the outside, someone with FBI training

[Car]

NIXON [on telephone]: But who's not in contact with them.
CANTON: I'm flattered.

[Oval office]

NIXON: You were my second choice for this, Mister Delaware.
CANTON [OC]: That's okay.

[Car]

CANTON: You were my second choice for President, Mister Nixon.

[Tardis]

RIVER: Richard Milhous Nixon. Vietnam, Watergate. There's some good stuff, too.
DOCTOR: Not enough.
RIVER: Hippie!
DOCTOR: Archaeologist.