Let's Kill Hitler Pt 1

[Online Prequel - Tardis]

(The phone is ringing until the answerphone cuts in.)
DOCTOR [OC]: Oh blimey, okay, you probably leave a message at the tone or something. Sorry, I wasn't really trying to do this. I was looking for the mikes. (beep)
Isabella  [OC]: Doctor? Doctor, can you hear me? Are you ever going to hear this? You don't even know you've got an answerphone. How can you be so clever and so completely stupid at the same time? If you can hear this, please just pick up the phone. Don't get confused. I'm not invisible or trapped in a space bubble or something. I'm just talking on the answerphone. Just pick up the phone. You said you'd find my baby. You said you'd find Melody. Have you found her? Because you promised. I know she's going to be okay, I know she'll grow up to be River, but it's not the point. I don't want to miss all those years, you know, and I can't stand it. I can't. Please, Doctor, please. Okay, phone me back when you know something. Please, Doctor, at least do that, as soon as you know. All right, bye. (beep)
(The Doctor hangs his head.)

[Car]

(Rory is driving through a corn field very fast. Amy is navigating by tulip symbols, like on a road rally.)
AMY: Okay, left. Sharp turn! Okay, right. No, no, no, I mean left. No, sorry, right, right. I definitely meant right. Now loop the loop.
(More corn gets crushed beneath the tyres.)
Isabella : Stop! Stop!
(And there, in the middle of the crop circle they have just made, is the Tardis. The Doctor comes out, holding a copy of the Leadworth Chronicle with the headline Leadworth's Crop Circle.)
DOCTOR: Seriously?
(They have made the word Doctor in the field.)
RONALD : Well, you never answer your phone.
Isabella  : Okay, you've had all summer. Have you found her? Have you found Melody?
DOCTOR: Permission?
RONALD : Granted.
(The Doctor gives the newspaper to Rory and Ronald  and hugs Isabella and Amy.)
DOCTOR: You know who she grows up to be, so you know I will find her.
Isabella : But you haven't yet.
RORY: Hang on. What's this bit?
(There is a line through the middle of their crop design in the photograph.)
AMY: That wasn't us.
(Another car is driving towards them through the corn.)
ALL: Argh!
(They dive for safety as the Chevrolet Corvette skids to a halt by the Tardis. A young woman gets out wearing a River Song type costume.)
MELS: You said he was funny. You never said he was hot.
RONALD : Mels!
AMY: What are you doing here?
MELS: Following you. What do you think?
RORY : Er, where did you get the car?
(Police sirens in the distance.)
MELS: It's mine. Ish.
Isabella : Oh, Mels, not again.
RONALD : You can't keep doing this. You're going to end up in prison.
DOCTOR: Sorry. Hello. Doctor not following this. Doctor very lost. You never said I was hot?
MELS: Is that the phone box? The bigger on the inside phone box? Oh, time travel. That's just brilliant. Yeah, I've heard a lot about you. I'm their best mate.
DOCTOR: Then why don't I know you? I danced with everyone at the wedding. The women were all brilliant. The men were a bit shy.
MELS: I don't do weddings.
(The sirens get closer.)
MELS: And that's me out of time.
(Mels pulls a gun on the Doctor.)
Isabella : Mels!
RONALD : For God's sake!
AMY: What are you doing?
MELS: I need out of here, now.
(A helicopter is coming, too.)
DOCTOR: Anywhere in particular?
MELS: Well, let's see. You've got a time machine, I've got a gun. What the hell. Let's kill Hitler.

[Isabella's  bedroom]

(Back when they were children. Amelia is getting their Doctor toys out of a cardboard box.)
YOUNG MELS: Is he hot?
Isabella : No, he's funny.
YOUNG MELS: But how can he travel in time?
AMELIA: Because he's got a time machine, stupid.
(A little boy enters.)
YOUNG RORY: I thought we were playing hide and seek. I've been hiding for hours.
Isabella : Well, we just haven't found you yet.
YOUNG RONALD : Okay. Hi, Mels.
YOUNG MELS: Hi, Rory and Ronald .
(Young Rory and  young Ronald  leaves.)

[Classroom]

WOMAN TEACHER: Mels, did you not understand the question? I'm asking you why the Titanic sank?
YOUNG MELS: Because the Doctor didn't save it. Except you don't know about the Doctor because you're stupid.

[School]

(Mels leaves the Headmaster's Study.)
AMELIA: Why are you always in trouble? You're the most in trouble in the whole school, except for boys.
YOUNG MELS: And you both.
Isabella : I count as a boy.
(Rory is blindfolded for a game that they were playing earlier.)
YOUNG RORY: Am I getting warm?
AMELIA: Yes, Rory.

[Classroom]

(The children are now teenagers.)
TEACHER: Mels?
MELS: A significant factor in Hitler's rise to power was the fact that the Doctor didn't stop him.

[School]

(After another visit to the Headmaster.)
Isabella : I can't keep doing this.

[Police station]

(Mels is let out of a cell. They've all left school by now.)
AMY: Mels!

[Isabella's bedroom]

MELS: It was late. I took a bus.
RORY: Er, you stole a bus.
Isabella : Who steals a bus?
MELS: I returned it.
RONALD : You drove it through the Botanical garden.
MELS: Short cut.
AMY: Why can't you just act like a person? Like a normal legal person?
MELS: I don't know, maybe I need a Doctor.
Isabella : Stop it.
RONALD : Er, I'd better go. I'm on earlies tomorrow.
Isabella : Okay.
MELS: It's all right for you. You've got Mister Perfect keeping you right.
Isabella : He's not even real. Just a stupid dream when I was a kid.
MELS: No, I wasn't talking about him.
Isabella : What, Ronald? How have I got Ronald?
RONALD : Yeah, how, how's she got me?
Isabella : He's not mine.
RONALD : No. No. I'm not hers.
MELS: Oh, come on. Seriously, it's got to be you two. Oh, cut to the song. It's getting boring.
Isabella : Nice thought, okay, but completely impossible.
RORY: Yeah, impossible.
Isabella : I mean, I'd love to. He's gorgeous. He's my favourite guy. But he's, you know
RONALD : A friend.
Isabella : Gay.
RONALD : I'm not gay.
Isabella : Yes, you are.
RONALD : No. No, I'm not.
Isabella : Course you are. Don't be stupid. In the whole time I've known you, when have you shown any interest in a girl?
MELS: Penny in the air.
Isabella : I mean, I've known you for, what, ten years? I've seen you practically every day. Name one girl you've paid the slightest bit of attention to?
(Ronald  flees.)
Isabella : Oh, my God! Ronald!
(Isabella  runs after him.)
MELS: And the penny drops.
Isabella  [OC]: Ronald!
MELS: Catch you later, Time Boy.