fifty-five!

yo yo yo sorry for being gone for so long i lost motivation for a hot sec again and also have been struggling with some other things not related to this story at all

also sorry for it being short im runing out of ideas 😻

---

June stirred in Malcom's arms, eyes fluttering open, but closing against the harsh light seeping in through the window.

"Sorry for waking you. You can go back to sleep, if you want," Malcom whispered. He had gotten up to use the bathroom, and June had awoken when he got back in bed.

June mumbled something back, but Malcom couldn't understand him. Malcom lightly ran his fingers through June's hair, lazily examining the blond roots that were growing in.

"How'd you sleep?" Malcom asked.

June hummed. "Had a weird dream," he half-whispered.

"What was it about?"

"I can't remember exactly, but it had something to do with Tubbo."

"Was Artemis there?" Malcom joked.

"Yeah, actually," June replied. "It was us five, and Wilbur, and we were.. I can't remember where, but Artemis had flowers in her hair."

"What kind of flowers?"

"Mm, I dunno. They were pink, like her hair. But she was blonde."

"Sounds lovely."

"Best dream I've had in a long time."

Malcom hummed, closing his eyes again. He was pretty sure that June was falling back asleep, which Malcom didn't mind. It'd been a long time since June had slept all that well; he'd let him sleep on him all day if he needed to.

~

June was glad that it was a Saturday, because almost nothing could convince him from getting up. Well, not that he could anyways. Malcom was laying almost completely on top of him, but he didn't mind. It wasn't hurting, and he was pleasantly warm.

The quiet tunes of his most recently made playlist flowed easily from the speaker of his phone as he played Subway Surfers, maining Frank, the business-looking man with the bunny mask.

Maria had checked on them an hour or so ago, and was a little worried about June since he was so small and all, but he'd assured her that he was fine.

It was a little weird that Malcom had been sleeping this long, but he was sleep talking like normal, so June didn't think much of it. Honestly, it was weirder when he wasn't saying random things.

Some notable ones included him mumbling the words, "You've frenched your last fry," and at a normal volume, "Buzz Lightyear twerks for no man." Both of which scared the shit out of June, but when doesn't he?

June almost got smashed by an oncoming train, but he managed to dodge it at the last second, only to accidentally fall and get hit by one he couldn't avoid anyways.

"How long have you been up?" Malcom mumbled, making June drop his phone from surprise. Malcom scooted over in his bed, getting off of June.

"Jesus," June muttered. "A while, but it's fine."

"Sorry for squishing you," Malcom said, stretching.

"It's alright, the pressure felt good anyways." June rolled from his back to his side so he could look at Malcom. "It's almost 2pm."

Malcom hummed. "I was tired."

June huffed out a laugh. "I could tell."

Malcom smiled, and pulled his blanket up over his shoulder again.

"Do you want to do anything today?" Malcom asked softly.

June smiled. "Not at all."

Malcom nodded. "How about lunch before we get too into doing nothing?"

"Sure." June got up, picking his phone up off the floor. Malcom got up as well, properly stretching out his legs as he did so.

June followed him down to the kitchen, where he stood off to the side and let Malcom do his thing with grilled cheese sandwiches.

June, ever the simp, watched him adoringly as he moved around the kitchen, humming a song to himself.

June realized why it sounded familiar, "Is that Two Trucks?"

Malcom laughed. "Uh, maybe?"