thirty-four!

when i promised a chapter today, i did infact mean *my* day and it is only 11:25pm, therefore yes, this chapter came out today <3

June tried to hide the fact that he'd been so upset about leaving that he hadn't been able to sleep at all, but the cheap concealer he borrowed from Lani - who had come over to hang out for a bit before the Americans left for the airport - could only do so much.

Tommy had given him such a long hug that it took all of June's being to not start crying in front of him.

Tubbo gave him a much quicker, yet just as meaningful hug before going over to punch Ranboo on the arm affectionately.

Tubbo's dad drove the teenagers - minus Lani, who went back home - to the airport, the car filled with sorrowful silence the whole ride there. June sat in the backseat between Ranbok and Tommy, with Tubbo riding shotgun.

Tommy was holding one of June's hands, while Ranboo held the other. The four of them had spent as much together as possible the last couple days, despite the nagging thoughts of anxiety that loomed in the back of June's mind that whispered to him all of his worst fears.

What if Tommy finds someone better than you while you're in Florida with Ranboo?

What if Tommy decides you're more trouble than you're worth, and doesn't want anything to do with you after this?

What if Tommy thought you preferred Ranboo over him and left you so you could be "happier"? Wouldn't that just be horrible?

June kept his eyes downcasted, and he bit his lip as he mulled over the thoughts.

Tubbo's dad had eyed the three in the backseat a bit suspiciously at first, but when he saw how close to tears June was, he didn't dare ask any questions. He didn't want to be responsible for a kid crying.

June tried to take deep breaths as they found a parking spot right near the doors inside. Tubbo gave Ranboo and June quick hugs as Tubbo's dad helped them get their luggage from the trunk of his car.

Ranboo and Tubbo stood off to the side as June was faced by Tommy again. June let himself be hugged, burying his face into the Brit's chest.

"I'm gonna miss you so fucking much," Tommy whispered in June's ear. "Call me when you land?"

"Of course."

Tommy hesitated at first, but let go of his boyfriend, and took off the hoodie he was wearing, handing it to him.

June sniffled, and pulled off the gray one of Ranboo's he had put on that morning to swap it out for the red one he was just given.

Tommy didn't want to follow June in, for fear he might do something embarrassing in public, so June took Ranboo's hand, and they left together.

June looked over his shoulder once, catching Tommy's gaze for the last time before he entered the building and they passed through a crowd to security.

~

June could see his mom waiting for him and Ranboo by baggage claim, and took a deep breath. He reached over to grasp Ranboo's hand nervously.

They grabbed their suitcases, and hesitantly went over to her.

"Hey, mom," June greeted as he was pulled into a hug.

"I'm so glad you're home!" Sarah gushed, cupping June's face in her hands lovingly.

June smiled at the affection, and glanced to Ranboo, who was typing on his phone.