twenty-eight!

June's eyes widened.

Ranboo turned away. "You should go."

"What?" June asked. Ranboo tried to softly push him away. "You can't just say that, and then expect me to not want to talk about it with you!"

Ranboo scoffed. "I don't expect you to do anything. I don't want to talk about it, June."

The front door opened and closed again, and June stood up, frowning. "We're not done with this. I'll be back later."

Ranboo rolled his eyes. "I know."

June left and went back out to Tommy. Tubbo looked up at his entrance, and tilted his head, noticing that he'd definitely come from where Ranboo was.

"You alright?" Tommy asked June, who seemed a little shaken.

June nodded. "Yep, I'm fine," June replied unconvincingly. "What should I make for dinner?"

Tommy lifted a grocery bag, and handed it to June. "I think there's stuff for pasta in here."

"Alrighty," June replied, heading into the kitchen. Tommy and Tubbo trailed after, sitting at the bar counter. June glanced up at them. Great. An audience. Cooking helped him think about things, and he wasn't sure if he wanted Tommy to watch him this time. Any other time it would be sweet, but he had a lot to mull over. So, June shooed them away, and suggested they compete in Mario Kart. 

As June went around the kitchen making the pasta, he let his mind wander. How long had Ranboo thought he didn't like him back? June thought it was pretty clear that he was into him, considering how many times they'd kissed.

June huffed, biting his lip. Goddammit. Why was this so difficult? Boys are so dumb sometimes. At least when he had a crush on a girl, she'd pick up on even the subtlest of hints. This was a new level of obliviousness.

June sighed through his nose, and his gaze snapped up when he caught sight of Ranboo coming out of the hallway. His hair was damp, clearly towel dried. He was in clean clothes, and was looking significantly better than he did when June was in his room.

Tubbo gasped happily. "How're you feeling?" he asked.

Ranboo went past the kitchen, not sparing June even a glance. "A little bit better, I think."

"Ranboo do you want to play Mario Kart with me?" Tommy asked. "Tubbo sucks."

"I do not!" Tubbo protested.

Ranboo smiled. "Maybe later, I'm gonna go on a walk."

"Have fun!" Tubbo called as Ranboo left. June stared as he carefully put on a mask and sunglasses, adjusting them as he went out the door.

As the pasta cooked on the stove, June felt his phone buzz in his pocket, so he pulled it out.

Twitter

Ranboo @/ranboosaysstuff
hey guys 
some of you were concerned because of the songs and playlist i've been listening to on spotify, and i just wanted to say that i'm fine, and i'm doing alright
i might join tommy & tubbo later, so tune in to tubbo's stream in a few hours :)

-

June had forgotten about the stream planned for today.

He wondered if Ranboo and Tommy's friendship would be off because of the whole situation. He wondered if it'd be noticeable on the stream.

Ranboo had looked so tired when he came down, less so than before, but June's chest ached knowing that he'd caused that.