thirty-one!

sorry that this took over a week i lost motivation for a min there lol

also my younger brother turned 10 today what the fuck

Tommy froze.

This was it.

June was dumping him for Ranboo.

Tommy paused the TV, turning to June. "Of course."

June nodded, blinking rapidly a few times, and clenching and unclenching his fists. Tommy noticed that the smaller boy always did that when he was nervous.

"There is no good way I can think of to say this, holy shit," June muttered.

Tommy's heart sank. "Are- are you breaking up with me..?" he asked quietly.

June's eyes widened. "No! No, I am not. Un- unless you want. I don't. I'm not."

Tommy visibly relaxed a little. "Oh, good. Uh.. just say it outright then. Like, the general bit of it, then you could explain it, if you want."

June nodded. "Right. Right." He took a deep breath. "Tubbo was right, I need to get it overwith," he muttered.

Tommy pursed his lips. Did Tubbo know before him? That was.. a bit of a bad sign.. "Is, uh, everything alright?"

June stared helplessly. "Maybe? Depending on your reaction, I guess."

Tommy frowned. Anything other than yes was not a good answer. "Oh."

"Right. I have no fucking clue how to do this." June took another deep breath. "Tom. I'm polyamory. And I also like Ranboo. And you, of course. Both of you."

Tommy blinked over at him for a moment. "Oh. Okay."

June stared at him. "Is that.. your only reaction..?"

Tommy shrugged. He seemed a little out of it. "I guess? Maybe? I don't know. I kind of suspected it, so it's not too much of a surprise. But I'm uh, glad you told me."

June nodded. "I.. I understand if you aren't actually okay with this. I can.. push it all back to platonic with him if you want me to."

Tommy shook his head, furrowing his brows. "No, no, don't force yourself to stop. If I was uncomfortable, I'd tell you."

June looked up at him, feeling a little guilty. "Promise you'll tell me if it happens?" He offered forth his extended pinkie finger.

Tommy smiled, looping his own around June's. "Promise."

The action made the corners of June's turn up in a small smile, and he felt so much lighter than he had earlier.

"Do you wanna watch something with me?" Tommy asked as they dropped their hands.

June contemplated it. "Maybe later. I think I'm gonna try to take a nap, actually."

Tommy nodded, still smiling. "Alrighty. Sleep well."

The cool air hitting the now-exposed rest of June's body made him shiver as he left the blankets on the couch. He went in where Ranboo was laying on his bed, Tubbo in the other room on the computer, and plugged his phone in on the nightstand opposite Ranboo.

"Hey," Ranboo greeted. He reached his hand up for June to hold for a moment before he got in bed with him.

"Hi," June murmured back, staring down at him. Ranboo's embrace was warm, and the taller boy held him protectively, as if he let go that June would disappear.

"I heard the TV pause and you guys' voices, but I couldn't tell what you were saying, and I was a bit curious, would you be alright telling me?" Ranboo asked. He ran his fingers through June's hair; it was still damp.