thirty-seven!

cw// alcohol, underaged drinking, drunken sexual harrassment (not that it makes it any better.)
there'll be a recap at the end for those of you that wanna skip

also~ big props to tom for the idea for later chapters that inspired this chapter :)

June shifted anxiously in the passenger seat of Malcom's car.

They were holding hands on the center console, and it calmed June's nerves a little, but not enough that he wasn't having second doubts about agreeing.

Apparently the house they were going to was Hannah's new house, that she moved into over the summer.

June checked the address on the index card again, and made sure it matched the address in Google Maps, as if he hadn't already checked it more than ten times the thirty minute ride.

Malcom parked outside of a driveway of a two-story house, painted a dark blue with a dark oak door. There were at least six or seven cars in and around the driveway from what June could see.

He was more than relieved that it wasn't a fake invitation.

..Unless they were all waiting inside for the prank.

June shook his head to himself.

He was being unreasonable.

He'd known these girls since they were all kids and their mothers forced them all to play with each other.

Supposedly, all of the girls with boyfriends brought them along.

Stepping out of the car, he could hear muffled music playing from upstairs. One of the windows was lit with red LEDs, and June could see a little plant that June had given to Hannah resting on the windowsill.

Malcom and June walked up to the door together, and June rung the doorbell.

The door was pulled open and they were greeted by Hannah, who was clearly already a little tipsy.

June and Malcom were handed empty plastic cups, and pushed in the direction of the kitchen.

June was hesitant to get any alcohol, since he didn't want Malcom to have to deal with him if he got drunk, but he was immediately assured that it was alright.

Malcom, obviously, didn't drink anything that he thought would be spiked or that he knew was alcohol, since he was their ride home. He didn't want to risk wrecking his car or getting pulled over.

"Can we go find Hannah?" June asked. He scrunched his nose in distaste at the vodka he'd gotten, sipping at it a little. He could feel it working it's way into his system already.

"Of course," Malcom replied. He grabbed hold of June's hand so the didn't get lost in the crowd.

June caught sight of Hannah's iconic brown and pink hair heading upstairs, so they followed after her.

Hannah went into her room where a circle of some people were sitting with an empty bottle resting on it's side in the middle.

"Sophie, come play 'spin the bottle; drink or dare' with us!" Hannah yelled excitedly, nearly spilling her drink over the girl next to her as it sloshed in her hand.