The Assistant | Scavi

Per LittleCarokind

Scott Hoying, 24 years old, needs only one internship to finish his studies. His dream internship would be wi... Més

Prologue
First Day
An intern? Really?
Wine Night
Meetings
Ice and Tea
Last recording
Listening
Reviewing
Going Out
Good Morning
Home
Teasing
Lunch
Early Morning
Stones
Left
Talks
Invitation
Learning to Trust
Calming Down
Early Morning Talks
Mitch
Date Night
Hammock
Cuddly Morning
Release Party
Medicine
Tired
Panicking
Like a Hangover
Exhausted
Nightly Walks
Confession
The Assistant
BBQ
Packing
Advice
Nashville
Break
Hotel Room Date
Before the Show
Showtime
The Tourbus
Tour Life
Exploring
Question Game
An Interview
Trying not to Panic
Getting through it
Exhausted
Shower
Picnic with a view
Arlington
Breakfast
Family Time
Goodbye
Apart
A walk in the park
A phone call
Reunited
Finding out
More evidence
Confronting
Honesty
Therapy Call
Back to everyday life?
Meeting Mia
Thor and Aquaman
Visalia
Uneasy
Dinner
Shooting Star
Sequoias
Los Angeles
Aftershow Party
Shock
Gone
Finding out
Waiting for news
Adeline
Heartbreak
Cabin
Grounding
Stay
Night
Mushrooms
Fondue and Foreplay
Making Love
Going Home
The Meeting
Escaping
Movie Night
Press Statement
Hiking Boots
Jamming
First Date
The Journey
Epilogue I

Epilogue II

145 8 34
Per LittleCarokind

"How do I look?" Avi asked softly. He was standing in front of the mirror in a hotel room near the Staples Centre where the telecast of the Grammys would take place. Since he would also be performing his rendition of lean on me to honour the late Bill Withers, he wasn't able to attend the premiere ceremony. Of course, he wanted to know if he had won, so the ceremony was running on the big screen.

Scott, who was brushing his shoes once more, smiled over at his boyfriend. "You know that you're always beautiful to me" he replied.

Avi rolled his eyes playfully. "You're not helping. Mitch?"

"Coming right up." The smaller brunette came out of the bathroom dressed only in his pants. "What is it?"

"Do I look okay, Mitch?"

Mitch raised an eyebrow. "I custom made the suit for you and you're asking me if you look okay?" He shook his head. "You look so handsome, Avi. if you weren't taken..."

"Hey, that man is mine" Scott interfered and turned around to look at the bearded man. "That suit looks so good on you. I honestly don't know if I want you to take it off tonight or don't." He smirked.

"Don't you get any ideas, Scotty. I'll be so tired from all the socialising." Avi sighed. "But then again I am also looking forward to the evening."

Mitch smiled. "Especially because one of your categories will be announced during the live show. That's so great."

"Yeah, and I wouldn't mind not winning it. I don't know if I'm comfortable to go on this huge stage to accept the award and I'll be expected to say a few words." He shrugged his shoulders. "But I'll be ok."

"It's going to be wonderful, Avi. You're wearing this beautiful suit, your mane is all perfect and your beard looks majestic. And if something happens, I won't be far away, okay?" Scott said softly. "The only thing you have to do on your own is the red carpet, but I'll be right inside the theatre waiting for you."

Avi nodded. "I know. It will be stressful, but I have prepared for this day with Doc Alex. I'll be alright." He pecked Scott's lips and turned back to the mirror. "I love this suit so much, Mitch. The light pointy accents on the lapel and the studs on the collar of the shirt... I wasn't sure when Scott said you'd take care of our clothes, but you have the gift of sensing what other people would like."

Mitch chuckled. "What did you think? That I would take some of my garments and put you into it? No. If you commission an outfit, you get an outfit you feel comfortable in." He looked over to the screen and gasped. "Avi it's American Roots, right? It's up next!"

Avi turned to the screen and gasped when he heard his name along with the nominees for best album. Scott was quick to join him and took his hand. "I love you no matter what," Scott said softly.

"And the Grammy goes to... I'll Get By by Avi Kaplan, produced by Kevin Olusola."

Avi didn't comprehend it at first, but when Scott hugged him tight and pressed a kiss onto his cheek, he realised that he had indeed won his first Grammy. "No..."

Scott smiled brightly. "Yes, Avi. That's the first one!"

"I'm... I don't know what to say" Avi shook his head.

"Congratulations, Avi. You deserve this award so much" Scott said.

"Thank you, I... wow." Avi looked back at the screen where they announced the award for the best performance.

"And this Grammy goes to... Avi Kaplan for I'll Get By." 

"This is crazy..." Avi just said over and over again when he was hugged tightly first by his boyfriend and then by Mitch as well. 

"I know, but it's real" Mitch spoke up. "You better look up ways to carry three Grammy's and look picture perfect while doing so."

Avi chuckled nervously. "But I only won two so far and I have two hands, so I think I'm safe."

Scott shook his head. "I doubt it. And I-" he stopped when he felt his phone vibrate. "Ten minutes until you need to leave for the carpet, Avi."

Avi grimaced. "O-okay. He straightened the jacket of his suit and looked into the mirror, smiling when Mitch replied behind him with a lint remover. "Looking perfect" Mitch said and stepped aside.

"Thank you," Avi said and then turned to Scott. "I'll see you at the theatre?" 

Scott smiled. "I'll be there," he said. 

Avi smiled. "Good. Could you text Kevin? I feel like I should call him or anything, after all, it's his award, too. It's sad that he cannot be here."

Scott chuckled. "But he's going to be a father any day now, so I think he'll be fine" he explained. "But I'll text him."

"Good. Thank you." Avi leaned in and softly kissed his boyfriend. 

"Have fun on the red carpet" Scott said softly. 

"Not likely to happen, but I appreciate the thought" Avi replied. "Bye, Love. Bye, Mitch. I'll see you later."

~

"This is so amazing. We're at the Grammy's in the audience with the stars. Do you think we'll meet some stars?" 

Scott chuckled and looked around the theatre, hoping to see his boyfriend. "You already know one of them, the one who invited you by the way."

"I know, but I am thinking other dimensions, other genres. Maybe Beyoncé or Dua Lipa, I don't know" Mitch replied. "This is huge..."

Scott smiled. "Once you're a huge name in the fashion world you'll get used to it." He suddenly saw his boyfriend and waved him over. 

"Hey, how was the carpet?" Scott asked softly once Avi was there.

"A lot to take in. Apparently, once you have secured a price everyone is interested in you. So it was a lot of questions and pictures. But now I am done and looking forward to the ceremony. I'm glad that my category is early in the show and my performance comes later" Avi said and leaned up for a soft kiss, which caught Scott off guard. "Sorry, I felt like it." He looked past Scott to Mitch. "Everyone complimented the suit and I said it's made by you."

Mitch grinned. "Thank you." 

A while later the ceremony started. Avi's category was the second to be announced and as soon as they had awarded the first Grammy, Scott got visibly nervous.

"Stop, you're worse than I am" Avi whispered and took Scott's hand into his own, squeezed it softly. "I already won more than I thought I'd ever get, Scott."

"But you deserve it so much" Scott whispered back. 

"And now to present the award for Best American Roots Song one-time Grammy award winner Justin Vernon."

"Now I am nervous. I love his music" Avi mumbled. 

Scott kissed the back of his hand and held it when the nominees were read out. 

"And the Grammy for Best American Roots Song goes to... Avi Kaplan and Kevin Olusola for I'll Get By."

Avi knew that he had to do something. He had to get up and accept the award, but he felt as if he was paralysed. It was Scott who pulled him from his seat, hugged him tightly, said something and then pushed him towards the stage. 

"Go. This is your moment."

With shaking knees he walked to the stage, accepted the award and then stepped in front of the microphone. 

"Thank you to everyone who has made this possible. Kevin Olusola who won this award with me, but cannot be here tonight. Everyone at Fantasy who has been supporting me. There are a lot of people behind the scenes who are taking care of things so I can live my dream. My family, Mum, Dad, Joshua, Esther, Darien and my niece Rose, I love you, thank you for believing in me. Mitch Grassi, who has not only designed my suit for tonight but been a loyal friend in tough times. And, last but not least: Scott Hoying. He started as an intern when we were finishing the album, but he has become one of the most important people in my life not only in the studio but also outside. I love you, Scott and I want to dedicate this award to you. Thank you." 

He stumbled through the speech and was glad when he was done and able to go back to his seat, where his boyfriend was waiting. "Avi..." the blonde whispered. "You just..."

Avi smiled. "I know. I hope you don't mind?"

Scott shook his head. "I don't. I just... didn't expect you to say it on stage. I love you so much, Avi."

"I love you too, Scott." Avi leaned in and kissed his boyfriend, fully aware that cameras might catch them.

~

A few months had passed since the Grammy awards and Scott was home alone. They had a day off before they would be back at the studio and the blonde had decided to do some cleaning. 

When he heard the doorbell he turned down the music and looked outside the window, seeing Avi's car immediately. So he opened the door for his boyfriend and waited while he made his way upstairs. "I didn't expect you. Thought you were busy at home" Scott said.

"I hadn't planned to come over," Avi said. "But I was out running errands, got something for you and decided to drop by."

They kissed and Avi stepped inside, carrying a box. 

"What's in there?" Scott asked. 

"Told you I got something for you," Avi said and handed the box over to his boyfriend. "For you. I mean it."

Scott furrowed his brows, but he took the package and put it on the dining table before he opened it. When he saw what was inside he gasped. "Avi..."

"Now, since you were an intern back when we produced the album, we weren't able to get you one with your name. But I want this to stay with you because you helped to bring this album to life."

"I cannot accept your Grammy, Avi! You earned it."

"So did you, Scott. Take it as a placeholder until you win your first Grammy, okay? We both know that you will get there. No, don't argue about it. I mean it!"

Scott looked at the trophy Avi got for his album and felt tears welling up in his eyes. "You are so sweet, Avi. How do I deserve you?"

Avi chuckled and pulled his boyfriend into his arms, kissed him softly. "You deserve this, Love. So much. I love you."

"I love you too, Avi," Scott said. He looked at the Grammy once more and smiled. 

It was unreal that just a year ago he had gotten an internship with Avi, became his personal assistant and now he was just starting as a freelance producer. His first project was, of course, Avi's new album, but he had a lot of other requests and couldn't wait to start and make himself a name in the industry.

"Penny for your thoughts, Love?" 

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "Just thinking about how my life has changed because I met you, Avi. The things I can do just because you and Kevin believed in me."

Avi shook his head. "You would have gotten far without me, Love, but I am glad that you're doing this all with me" he replied. 

Scott smiled. "I am, too," he said and kissed his boyfriend once more. 

~~~~

A/N: This. Is. It. The end. I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did. It's crazy to think that I started it in May and now it's just done. Thank you so much for your support, especially to you, StandingbyAvi, you pushed me to write more with your abundance of comments!

I don't know what's next. For now, I am writing a series of one-shots ("Whump & Comfort") and I might go back and continue the Entreporneur, but that might take me a while to get back to. 

I do not want to mention anything about the "C-word", but since this story mainly sprung from boredom related to it, I will just say that I wish you all the best for the new year and that includes health for you and your loved ones. 

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

3.1K 94 1
Scott and Mitch's life. From the time Scott was in high school he liked Mitch. He couldn't have imagined how his life would turn out from one simple...
4K 262 40
Summer. The three month break between grades. When 16 year old Mitch, Scott, Kirstie, Avi, and Kevin meet for the first time at camp and become best...
74.4K 5.5K 35
Scott Hoying is one of Mitch Grassi's biggest fans. Scott discovered his music at a point in his life where everything was going downwards and he wan...
14K 490 10
A sudden upheaval in Kirstie's life leaves her and Avi questioning the newly budding feelings between themselves. (Heavy focus on Kavi, with a more m...