Till The End | h.p

By gryffinelle

The Chosen One and the most powerful witch of all time battle their shared darkness till the end... maybe eve... More

A/N
• the sorcerer's stone •
the beginning
diagon alley
the hogwarts express
the sorting ceremony
potions
remembrall
third floor
nightmares
astronomy tower
wingardium leviosa
troll in the dungeon
quidditch
fluffy
wizard's chess
the restricted section
a dragon egg
the forbidden forest
making plans
devil's snare
trials & tribulations
the stone
never better
house cup
goodbye for now
• chamber of secrets •
rescue mission
the weasley's
car + willow
montclair
lockhart
eat slugs
the chamber has been opened
the monster
broken bones
moaning myrtle
parseltongue
have your back
as snow falls
polyjuice potion
talking to ghosts
a break in
petrified
solved case
fate
always
• prisoner of azkaban •
leaky cauldron
escaped prisoner
buckbeak
sighting
defense against the dark arts
a boggart
dark vs. light
sirius black
werewolves
banshee
marauder's map
father
christmas
dementors
love story
death sentence
the truth
full moon
time turner
innocent
firebolt
• goblet of fire •
summer of our lives
fireworks
quidditch world cup
cursed
support
triwizard tournament
auror
champions
tethered soul
crashing
the one
first task
presents
practice makes perfect
birthday
yule ball
finally
graveyard
honor & loyalty
• order of the phoenix •
grimmauld place
her boys
good ole days
abilities
different
cruelty
luna
miracles
waiting for war
dumbledore's army
malfoy
torn apart
wait for you
a storm
patience
the twins
owls
prophecy
lost it all
destiny
together
• half blood prince •
dream or reality
slughorn
joy
weasley's wizarding wheezes
death eater
save you
dean and cormac
replaced potions
not a chance
dinner party
assault
got you
still my girl
safe now
attack on the burrow
save someone
amortentia
young love
liquid luck
home isn't home anymore
the beginning of the end
• deathly hallows part one •
pickup
battle for the sky
the wedding
back home
kreacher
secrets
revenge
retrieval
indestructible
falling apart
dancing again
godric's hollow
coming together
lovegood
malfoy manor
• deathly hallows part two •
shell cottage
unknown future
gringotts
returning
warriors
battle of hogwarts
death is only the beginning
this is war
till the end
and after that
forever, in every life.

forgiveness

1.3K 32 22
By gryffinelle

Once Ron is finally released from the Hospital Wing, the four of them sit in the Great Hall for breakfast. Hermione is looking over the newest release of the Daily Prophet, while Harry looks through his Potion's book and Sam reads her letter from Fred and George. She looks up and notices Ron staring at the table behind them. Sam turns around to look at Lavender who appears to still be quite angry.

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again," Ron asks.

Harry finally looks up from his book as Hermione tries to explain, "Um, well- she came to visit you in the hospital. And you talked. I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation."

Ron nods, "Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her. It's just she seems a bit put out."

They all turn to look at her and see that she's aggressively glaring at them and digging the handle of her spoon into the table. They all turn back around.

"Yes, she does, doesn't she?" Hermione smiles slightly in amusement, "You say you don't remember anything from that night?"

Ron hesitates and squints slightly, "There is something..." Harry and Sam move their eyes from Ron to Hermione and then back to Ron, "But it can't be. I was completely boggled, wasn't I?"

Hermione looks down at the table, "Right. Boggled."

Harry and Sam give each other a sideways glance as an awkward silence falls over the group. Harry then returns to reading his book and Sam leans over to see the hand written notes from the Half Blood Prince. In the book, he had written 'Sectumsempra-For Enemies'. Sam furrows her brows.

"Harry," Hermione whispers and he looks up, "That's Katie. Katie Bell."

Harry turns his head to see Katie walking through the Great Hall, up one of the main aisles. Harry quickly rises from the bench seat and follows after her. Sam watches them from across the room until she sees Harry turn around and look at something behind her. Sam turns around and her eyes meet Draco's. He looks extremely nervous as he turns and exits the hall. Sam walks as Harry chases after him. Sam quickly stands and follows so nobody gets hurt. Sam turns a corner and loses sight of them. She looks around frantically and begins to panic until she hears spells being fired and the sound of things breaking. She runs towards the noise and ends up in the boys' bathroom.

She finds them both in a duelling stance and she runs in between both of them just as Harry shouts, "Sectumsempra!"

The blast hits her and she falls to the ground. Draco and Harry both run to her side as blood begins to seep through her clothes from all over her body. She gasps and a tear falls from her eye.

"Sam! Sam! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean- oh my God," Harry stutters as he tries to stop the bleeding.

Her blood begins to mix with the water flooding the floor. Snape enters the bathroom and looks between Sam and the two boys before he kneels down and moves his wand over her body.

"Vulnera Sanentur. Vulnera Sanentur," he repeats over and over as the blood begins to return to her body.

Snape looks at the book in Harry's hand and then eyes him once more, "Take her to the hospital. Now."

Harry quickly slides his arms under her back and knees and lifts her up off the ground. Draco sits down on the wet floor and runs his fingers through his hair. Harry runs through the halls, avoiding all the gasps and stares from other students. Hermione and Ron meet him at the Hospital Wing as Madam Pomfrey examines her fully.

Ron won't even look at Harry, "You need to get rid of that book."

Harry nods as he watches Sam lay in the hospital bed. Hermione looks up at him, "We'll help you."

Draco watches the trio leave the hospital wing and he moves to sit next to Sam's bedside. He looks over her face and then down her body to find no more blood, but he can still see her dried blood on his hands. He lets his head fall into his hands.

"It should've been me... why did you have to- why do you have to save everyone all the time?"

He looks up at her eyes that are closed and her lips slightly parted. Her wet hair, sticking slightly to her face. He brings his hand up to move it out of the way and then he rests his hand on hers.

"Stop making me love you..." he whispers as his own tears fall.

He watches her chest rise and fall with every breath. He's thankful that she's still breathing, but he hates that she's the one laying here and not him. He would be vowing to kill Harry if he wasn't so angry with himself.

As the trio walks back down from the Room of Requirement where they hid the book, Harry looks at his hands that are still covered in her dried blood. His chest begins to vibrate as his emotions surface.

"How could I-" he stops walking and Hermione and Ron look at his hands.

Ron shudders at her blood on his hands and he tries to contain his own anger. Hermione notices his own struggle so she steps in, "You didn't mean to hit her. That's why we got rid of the book. Harry, you can't cast spells if you don't know what they do."

He shuts his eyes tightly, "I know. I know," his own tears begin to fall.

Ron sighs and walks up to him, he places a hand on his shoulder, "She's going to be okay."

"Will she? Will we?" Harry asks as his heart aches.

"You're Harry... and she's Sam," Hermione notes, "I think you'll both be okay."

Back at the Hospital Wing, Draco still sits with Sam. He rubs her hand with his thumb, waiting for her to wake up.

"Come on, Sam. You're the strongest person I know. Just wake up, please," he chokes out.

Her fingers begin to twitch and he looks up in hope as her eyes begin to flutter open. She squints slightly and looks around before her eyes fall on Draco.

"What happened?" She asks as her head throbs.

She tries to sit up, but he puts his hand on her shoulder, "No, you need to rest."

She begins to remember what had happened in the bathroom, "Are you okay?"

He looks at her in surprise and chuckles, "You wind up in the hospital after nearly bleeding to death and you ask if I'm okay?"

"Just thought I'd ask," she smiles at him and he feels his heart begin to beat again, "Where's Harry?"

He looks away and pulls his hand away from hers, but she grabs his again gently, "Hey, I'm happy you're here," she smiles at him.

"Next time a life threatening spell gets fired, don't jump in front of me," he orders.

She chuckles and the trio re-enter the room. Draco turns to look at them and feels his hatred for Harry return. Hermione grabs Harry's arm, just in case. Malfoy turns back to Sam and gives her a small smile before standing and walking out. He aggressively shoves his shoulder against Harry's. As he leaves, Ron runs over to Sam's side.

"Hey, S. How are you feeling?"

She gives him a loopy smile, "I'm fine. I'm doing just fine."

Hermione joins by her side, but Harry remains a good distance away. Sam looks for him and gives him a sad, but reassuring smile. Ron and Hermione look at each other and stand.

"We'll give you two some time," Ron states.

"See you tomorrow," Hermione squeezes her hand.

Even after they leave, Harry stays away. She continues to look at him even though he won't meet her eyes.

"Harry..."

He slowly looks up and she can see the pain behind his eyes. Her own eyes soften.

"Harry, will you stay with me?"

He stares at her like every word pains him, but he steps over to her and pulls up the chair closer. She holds her hand out for him and he gratefully holds it in his own.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at your stupidity and poor reflexes," she chuckles, but he doesn't smile.

His head falls as his heart feels like it's tearing, "I keep hurting you... I promised not to and I hurt you more than anyone else."

She squeezes his hand, "Apart from laying in this bed, do I look hurt to you?"

He looks up and meets her eyes that seem to stare into him lovingly. 'How can she look at me like that after what I've done?' he thinks to himself.

"Harry, I'm okay. I know you wouldn't intentionally hurt me. I still feel safest when I'm with you," she reassures.

"How can you say that? You almost died and it's my fault," he says as tears fall.

She lifts her hand and wipes his eyes gently, "I love you. I will always love you."

He smiles as he continues to let his tears fall, "I don't deserve you, I never have."

She tilts her head, "You're right. You deserve so much more."

He leans over and plants a tender kiss on her forehead, "I am so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you. I forgave you the moment I hit the floor."

"I love you so much," he whispers into her hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 168 22
Following the war...long after her friends had married and went off to live their own lives...Y/N, a Ravenclaw and close friend of Harry's, returned...
1.9K 92 10
Amongst the darkness there was always light, the light guides us to a brighter future. Her light is gone. Audrey is facing the trauma of last year'...
115K 2.7K 30
***in editing*** ***sequel in progress*** you were James potter's little sister only there's one problem, you're a Slytherin and he's a Gryffindor. w...
318 44 27
Meet Annabel Snape twin sister to the seemingly perfect son Severus Snape. During her time at Hogwarts she makes some unlikely friends, gets into a l...